PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Wycombe Wanderers - Pukki fit; Zimbo still out
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Championship home game against Wycombe Wanderers - and we had all the key lines first from a video chat with the boss at Colney.
The Canaries did it the hard way against both Rotherham and Birmingham, and Wycombe pitch up at Carrow Road looking for a first point of the Championship season following promotion.
Seasoned watchers will know that means anything but a foregone conclusion for Farke’s upwardly mobile squad who, for all their dominance of territory and possession in recent games, have still to find a genuine cutting edge.
Christoph Zimmermann (calf) is ruled out again after missing the past two games. Farke had expected him to return to training midweek and fresh scans have not flagged anything of concern but the big centre back is still feeling some pain and will now continue to be monitored by the club’s medical staff.
Teemu Pukki has been passed fit after departing in the closing stages with what his head coach confirmed was a bout of cramp. Marco Stiepermann is also back in the mix but not ready to start following a neck issue and then an illness that saw him sit out the midweek game. Farke reported no fresh injury concerns.
You may also want to watch:
Onel Hernandez (adductor), Kieran Dowell (ankle) and Sam Byram (hamstring) are not expected to be in contention until early in the new year.
While Josip Drmic and Moritz Leitner are not part of the plans for the new season.
- 1 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 2 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 3 MATCHDAY LIVE: Can Norwich City complete the double over Cardiff?
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 5 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 6 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 7 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 8 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 9 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 10 'Three Lungs' back in business
Farke spoke to the media remotely from Colney.
• Recap the main points in the window above, with full reaction and build up to City’s Championship game against Wycombe throughout the day on pinkun.com