PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Wycombe Wanderers - Pukki fit; Zimbo still out
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Championship home game against Wycombe Wanderers - and we had all the key lines first from a video chat with the boss at Colney.
The Canaries did it the hard way against both Rotherham and Birmingham, and Wycombe pitch up at Carrow Road looking for a first point of the Championship season following promotion.
Seasoned watchers will know that means anything but a foregone conclusion for Farke’s upwardly mobile squad who, for all their dominance of territory and possession in recent games, have still to find a genuine cutting edge.
Christoph Zimmermann (calf) is ruled out again after missing the past two games. Farke had expected him to return to training midweek and fresh scans have not flagged anything of concern but the big centre back is still feeling some pain and will now continue to be monitored by the club’s medical staff.
Teemu Pukki has been passed fit after departing in the closing stages with what his head coach confirmed was a bout of cramp. Marco Stiepermann is also back in the mix but not ready to start following a neck issue and then an illness that saw him sit out the midweek game. Farke reported no fresh injury concerns.
You may also want to watch:
Onel Hernandez (adductor), Kieran Dowell (ankle) and Sam Byram (hamstring) are not expected to be in contention until early in the new year.
While Josip Drmic and Moritz Leitner are not part of the plans for the new season.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Luton Town v Norwich City
- 2 FARKE: Full roll call on City's injured stars
- 3 Limited number of tickets left for fans ahead of Wednesday and Forest matches
- 4 Through troubled waters to unexpected success - Farke reflects on spell as City boss
- 5 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 6 Di Cunningham: Young talent will not be hindered under Farke and Webber's watch
- 7 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 8 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 9 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 10 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round
Farke spoke to the media remotely from Colney.
• Recap the main points in the window above, with full reaction and build up to City’s Championship game against Wycombe throughout the day on pinkun.com