Canaries youngster reportedly close to sealing loan switch to Swindon
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Fit-again Norwich City forward Diallang Jaiyesimi looks to be heading out for another League Two loan spell.
The switch has not yet been confirmed but the Swindon Advertiser report that the loan deal was announced over the PA system during an open training session at the County Ground in front of hundreds of fans, ahead of a friendly against local side Melksham this evening.
The 20-year-old made 35 appearances for Grimsby during 2017-18, scoring once and assisting three goals, and then returned to the fourth tier with Yeovil last season.
Things had started brightly with the Glovers, with two goals and an assist from 11 matches, only for a serious knee injury to abruptly finish his campaign in September.
Jaiyesimi is under contract with Norwich until the end of this season, with the club holding the option for a further year, and has been in pre-season action for the under-23s recently.
He scored and was denied by the crossbar on Saturday as a City XI were beaten 2-1 in a friendly at Leyton Orient, which was held in memory of Justin Edinburgh, who sadly passed away this summer having led the O's back into the Football League.
You may also want to watch:
Swindown were relegated to League Two in 2017 and have finished in mid-table in both of their seasons since, with former Blackpool and Manchester United midfielder Richie Wellens in charge since November 2018.
Dulwich Hamlet youth product Jaiyesimi can play on either wing or as a striker and joined Norwich in January 2016 after a successful trial spell.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 7 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 8 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 9 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 10 'As good as I've seen him!' - City fans laud Cantwell performance