Canaries youngster nominated for PL2 Player of the Season award
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City youngster Adam Idah has been nominated for the Premier League Two Player of the Season award.
The Republic of Ireland Under-21 international scored 12 goals in 19 games for City in Division Two this season and is among nine players nominated for the PL2 award.
The 18-year-old is nominated alongside players including Arsenal striker Eddie Nketiah, who scored twice against Norwich's first team in the League Cup last season and has made eight further senior appearances this season.
Also nominated is: Rafael Camacho (Liverpool), Aaron Connolly (Brighton), Morgan Feeney (Everton), Daniel Loader (Reading), Bassala Sambou (Everton), Will Smallbone (Southampton), Elias Sorensen (Newcastle).
Last season the award was won by Arsenal ace Reiss Nelson, who has been a regular in the Bundesliga on loan at Hoffenheim this season, and in 2017 it was claimed by Oli McBurnie, who's now a regular for Swansea and Scotland.
You may also want to watch:
The Premier League's Football Development panel have selected the shortlist for their performances at youth and senior levels, with the winner to be announced on Thursday, May 16.
Idah also claimed the Etty Smith Award as City's academy player of the season last week and scored 13 goals in 24 matches in total for City's U23s this season – as well as four goals in six games for Ireland at U19 and U21 levels.
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 5 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 10 City hungry to be record breakers, insists Krul