Canaries youngster nominated for PL2 Player of the Season award
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City youngster Adam Idah has been nominated for the Premier League Two Player of the Season award.
The Republic of Ireland Under-21 international scored 12 goals in 19 games for City in Division Two this season and is among nine players nominated for the PL2 award.
The 18-year-old is nominated alongside players including Arsenal striker Eddie Nketiah, who scored twice against Norwich's first team in the League Cup last season and has made eight further senior appearances this season.
Also nominated is: Rafael Camacho (Liverpool), Aaron Connolly (Brighton), Morgan Feeney (Everton), Daniel Loader (Reading), Bassala Sambou (Everton), Will Smallbone (Southampton), Elias Sorensen (Newcastle).
Last season the award was won by Arsenal ace Reiss Nelson, who has been a regular in the Bundesliga on loan at Hoffenheim this season, and in 2017 it was claimed by Oli McBurnie, who's now a regular for Swansea and Scotland.
You may also want to watch:
The Premier League's Football Development panel have selected the shortlist for their performances at youth and senior levels, with the winner to be announced on Thursday, May 16.
Idah also claimed the Etty Smith Award as City's academy player of the season last week and scored 13 goals in 24 matches in total for City's U23s this season – as well as four goals in six games for Ireland at U19 and U21 levels.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 4 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 8 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 9 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 10 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City