City U23s preparing to face league leaders in Premier League 2 clash at Colney
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City U23s host league leaders West Ham United in their latest Premier League 2 fixture at Colney tonight (7pm).
The young Canaries lost 4-2 to West Brom in their previous outing despite first-team players Patrick Roberts and Philip Heise being involved.
Goals from on-loan Manchester City winger Roberts and striker Gassan Ahadme wasn't enough for City to avoid their fifth defeat of the season.
West Ham's youngsters remain unbeaten, winning seven and drawing one of their eight fixtures in the campaign so far.
City boss David Wright will be hoping his side can become the first to defeat the league leaders.
You may also want to watch:
On Monday evening, the Hammers comfortably beat Stoke City 4-0 away from home, with the goals coming through Joe Powell, Nathan Thomas and the leagues top-scorer Anthony Scully.
City sit 11th with five points from their opening eight games. They'll be hoping to extend the gap between themselves and Sunderland, who find themselves bottom without a win in the league.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 5 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 6 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 7 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 8 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 9 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 10 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought