City U23s preparing to face league leaders in Premier League 2 clash at Colney
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City U23s host league leaders West Ham United in their latest Premier League 2 fixture at Colney tonight (7pm).
The young Canaries lost 4-2 to West Brom in their previous outing despite first-team players Patrick Roberts and Philip Heise being involved.
Goals from on-loan Manchester City winger Roberts and striker Gassan Ahadme wasn't enough for City to avoid their fifth defeat of the season.
West Ham's youngsters remain unbeaten, winning seven and drawing one of their eight fixtures in the campaign so far.
City boss David Wright will be hoping his side can become the first to defeat the league leaders.
You may also want to watch:
On Monday evening, the Hammers comfortably beat Stoke City 4-0 away from home, with the goals coming through Joe Powell, Nathan Thomas and the leagues top-scorer Anthony Scully.
City sit 11th with five points from their opening eight games. They'll be hoping to extend the gap between themselves and Sunderland, who find themselves bottom without a win in the league.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 3 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 4 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 6 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 7 'We want to top this season off properly' - Krul's message to fans
- 8 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 9 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 10 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest