Canary target wants a move
David Cuffley Reported Norwich City transfer target Martin Paterson has handed Scunthorpe a written transfer request. But the club have refused the 21-year-old striker's wish to leave Glanford Park - telling him he will remain an Iron player.
Reported Norwich City transfer target Martin Paterson has handed Scunthorpe a written transfer request.
But the club have refused the 21-year-old striker's wish to leave Glanford Park - telling him he will remain an Iron player.
The Northern Ireland international's decision comes little more than a week after Championship side Burnley had an offer worth £550,000 for the player rejected by Scunthorpe acting chairman Rex Garton.
You may also want to watch:
“Martin Paterson has put in a written transfer request to the club but has been advised, through his agent, that the request has been turned down,” Garton told the club's official website last night.
City boss Glenn Roeder is believed to have inquired about Paterson in January, with a figure of £850,000 mentioned in reports, although Iron chairman Steve Wharton claimed at the time that an offer of £5million would not be enough for the club to part with their top scorer.
- 1 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 2 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 5 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 6 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 7 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 8 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 9 'We want to top this season off properly' - Krul's message to fans
- 10 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
Two bids from Burnley, and reported interest from the Canaries and Cardiff, seem to have unsettled the former Stoke player, who scored 14 goals for Scunthorpe last season.