WATCH: City star Cantwell triumphs in first round of global Fifa competition
- Credit: PA
There may be no actual football to consume at present, but Norwich City midfielder Todd Cantwell begins his quest for virtual domination as he represents the Canaries in a global Fifa competition - and you can watch along live.
Cantwell began his campaign in the Fifa Quaran-team tournament this afternoon (3PM) and beat League One side Fleetwood Town 2-1 in the opening round.
Ondrej Duda opened the scoring in the first half, before Barrie McKay levelled the game after the interval. Cantwell found Teemu Pukki who burst into the box prior to firing into the roof of the net to ensure City progressed to the next round.
Any hope of a virtual East Anglian Derby have been crushed after Ipswich Town were knocked out of the competition by Australian side Melbourne Victory in a 4-3 defeat, despite their representative taking a 3-1 lead.
Cantwell is a 150-1 outsider to win the competition, and will be hoping to progress with City through to the latter stages of the tournament.
You may also want to watch:
The competition has been organised by League Two side Leyton Orient in hope of raising money for three charitable causes.
75% of the money donated will go towards funding for EFL clubs suffering with a lack of income during this period. The remaining 25% will be split between the EFL’s partner charity, MIND and the World Health Organisation’s COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fundraiser.
- 1 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 2 City keeper issues injury update
- 3 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 4 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 5 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 6 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 7 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 8 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move
- 9 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 10 Chris Goreham: A new experience providing coverage of Norwich City...
- Recap Todd Cantwell in action live above!