WATCH: Cantwell eliminated from Fifa QuaranTeam tournament by Standard Liege
- Credit: Archant
Todd Cantwell has been eliminated from the Fifa Ultimate QuaranTeam competition after being beaten 3-1 by Standard Liege.
The Belgian outfit were represented by a professional E-Sports gamer and proved to possess too much quality for Cantwell to contend with.
They took the lead early on after a nice piece of combination play on the edge of the area which led to Alexsander Bolijevic netting from close range.
Cantwell’s virtual side equalised soon after, when a defensive error led to Emi Buendia striking from inside the area.
In the end, Liege’s player possessed too much quality, with Bolijevic scoring again and Obbi Oulare added a third late on.
You may also want to watch:
The 22-year-old was Norwich City’s representative for the global Fifa tournament, with the midfielder beating Fleetwood Town and Stevenage in the previous rounds.
The Belgian outfit breezed past Bolton Wanderers in the opening round prior to conquering Fiorentina in the second round.
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 5 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 10 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
League Two side Leyton Orient devised the competition in order to provide entertainment for football supporters during this absence of football due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The O’s are also hoping to raise funds for charitable causes, with 75% of donations being offered to EFL clubs struggling with cashflow problems.
The other 25% will be shared between EFL charity partner MIND and the World Health Organisation’s COVID-19 response fundraiser.
- RECAP - Watch Todd’s defeat via the stream above