Who was your man-of-the-match during City’s defeat at Cardiff?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Our man-of-the-match award following Norwich City’s 3-1 defeat at Cardiff goes to midfielder Harrison Reed, who gets your vote?
The Southampton midfielder put in a tenacious performance, with Mario Vrancic putting in one of his better performances of an inconsistent season alongside him in central midfield.
Wes Hoolahan was City’s brightest attacking outlet and Marco Stiepermann scored a fine first goal for the Canaries, before the Canaries were over-run by the rampant hosts in the second half.
In three of their last four games Daniel Farke’s team have thrown away their lead, their latest concession coming in an eventful loss at high-flying Cardiff.
With around 300 City fans braving the long trip to South Wales on a cold Friday evening, the visitors looked good for their 1-0 lead after Stiepermann blasted home his first goal for the club from 20 yards in the 43rd minute.
You may also want to watch:
Neil Warnock clearly gave his team a kick up the backside at half-time though, with Joe Ralls scoring a penalty four minutes into the second half after an apparent Ivo Pinto push at a corner and Junior Hoilett doubling that lead in the 63rd minute. Angus Gunn saved another Ralls’ penalty in the 77th minute but Omar Bogle finished the comeback for the hosts three minutes later, as City tossed away a 1-0 lead, just as they did in recent 1-1 home draws with Barnsley and Preston.
• Let us know your man-of-the-match in the poll above
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 3 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 5 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 6 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level
- 7 MATCHDAY LIVE: Canaries take on Barnsley in FA Cup
- 8 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 9 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 10 Barnsley v Norwich City in the FA Cup - all you need to know