Cardiff and Celtic chase Evans
Former Norwich City loan striker Ched Evans is being courted by Celtic and Cardiff City.The Wales striker, 20, is out of the first team picture at Manchester City as the Premier League side looks to spend big in the transfer window.
Former Norwich City loan striker Ched Evans is being courted by Celtic and Cardiff City.
The Wales striker, 20, is out of the first team picture at Manchester City as the Premier League side looks to spend big in the transfer window.
And Cardiff chief executive Peter Ridsdale is hoping Evans' Welsh heritage will persuade him to move to the Championship play-off hopefuls.
He told the Daily Express: "Ched is a player we're keen on and I know Celtic have an interest in him as well.
You may also want to watch:
"We've offered Manchester City two options - a loan and a permanent deal.
"We're waiting to hear back on that one and it would be nice to get him here.
- 1 Decade of East Anglian Derby dominance for Canaries
- 2 Webber believes City will be better prepared for top flight if promotion can be secured
- 3 Casualty list at City is one for the fiction writers
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend
- 5 Late McCracken penalty save ensures City U23s draw with Burnley
- 6 Former City keeper signs for Coventry ahead of Carrow Road clash
- 7 Farke's take on Krul and Pukki body blows
- 8 Main man Tettey has still got it
- 9 Get behind McGovern urges Farke
- 10 Matchday Live: City trying to extend unbeaten run to 10 games as they face Coventry
"Ched played against us last season for Norwich and scored twice so we've been aware of him for some time.
"He's a Welsh lad as well and we feel he could be an asset to us."