Cardiff and Celtic chase Evans
Former Norwich City loan striker Ched Evans is being courted by Celtic and Cardiff City.The Wales striker, 20, is out of the first team picture at Manchester City as the Premier League side looks to spend big in the transfer window.
Former Norwich City loan striker Ched Evans is being courted by Celtic and Cardiff City.
The Wales striker, 20, is out of the first team picture at Manchester City as the Premier League side looks to spend big in the transfer window.
And Cardiff chief executive Peter Ridsdale is hoping Evans' Welsh heritage will persuade him to move to the Championship play-off hopefuls.
He told the Daily Express: "Ched is a player we're keen on and I know Celtic have an interest in him as well.
"We've offered Manchester City two options - a loan and a permanent deal.
"We're waiting to hear back on that one and it would be nice to get him here.
- 1 Stuart Webber opens up on Norwich City's dire season
- 2 Webber maps out City transfer strategy
- 3 City fans react to controversial Webber interview
- 4 How much is Teemu Pukki worth to Norwich City?
- 5 City legend Fleming departs Southampton coaching role
- 6 Media exclusion from Webber interview hardly 'transparent'
- 7 Smith searching for a Pukki support cast
- 8 David Hannant: A barrel-scraping end of season highlight reel
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on AFC Wimbledon winger
- 10 Former City keeper set to leave Wolves
"Ched played against us last season for Norwich and scored twice so we've been aware of him for some time.
"He's a Welsh lad as well and we feel he could be an asset to us."