Cardiff and Celtic chase Evans
Former Norwich City loan striker Ched Evans is being courted by Celtic and Cardiff City.The Wales striker, 20, is out of the first team picture at Manchester City as the Premier League side looks to spend big in the transfer window.
Former Norwich City loan striker Ched Evans is being courted by Celtic and Cardiff City.
The Wales striker, 20, is out of the first team picture at Manchester City as the Premier League side looks to spend big in the transfer window.
And Cardiff chief executive Peter Ridsdale is hoping Evans' Welsh heritage will persuade him to move to the Championship play-off hopefuls.
He told the Daily Express: "Ched is a player we're keen on and I know Celtic have an interest in him as well.
You may also want to watch:
"We've offered Manchester City two options - a loan and a permanent deal.
"We're waiting to hear back on that one and it would be nice to get him here.
- 1 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 2 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 6 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 7 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 8 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 9 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 10 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
"Ched played against us last season for Norwich and scored twice so we've been aware of him for some time.
"He's a Welsh lad as well and we feel he could be an asset to us."