Cardiff and Celtic chase Evans
Former Norwich City loan striker Ched Evans is being courted by Celtic and Cardiff City.The Wales striker, 20, is out of the first team picture at Manchester City as the Premier League side looks to spend big in the transfer window.
Former Norwich City loan striker Ched Evans is being courted by Celtic and Cardiff City.
The Wales striker, 20, is out of the first team picture at Manchester City as the Premier League side looks to spend big in the transfer window.
And Cardiff chief executive Peter Ridsdale is hoping Evans' Welsh heritage will persuade him to move to the Championship play-off hopefuls.
He told the Daily Express: "Ched is a player we're keen on and I know Celtic have an interest in him as well.
You may also want to watch:
"We've offered Manchester City two options - a loan and a permanent deal.
"We're waiting to hear back on that one and it would be nice to get him here.
- 1 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 2 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 3 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 4 'I was knocked for six' - Krul reveals difficulties of his Covid-19 recovery
- 5 City Q&A: Striker light - Your questions answered
- 6 Six things you might have missed following Norwich City's FA Cup exit at Barnsley
- 7 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 9 Di Cunningham: Why City fans are in a class of their own
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
"Ched played against us last season for Norwich and scored twice so we've been aware of him for some time.
"He's a Welsh lad as well and we feel he could be an asset to us."