Klose returns as Canaries make one change to starting line-up for Cardiff clash
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke has made just one change to his starting XI for tonight’s Championship game at Cardiff, bringing fit-again central defender Timm Klose back into his team.
The Switzerland international returns in place of Christoph Zimmermann, who drops to the bench, to start alongside Grant Hanley in Wales.
Cardiff also make one change, with Nathaniel Mendez-Laing returning on the right wing in place of Callum Paterson, with the hosts looking to continue their excellent home form which has seen them win seven and draw three of their 10 games at the Cardiff City Stadium.
Home manager Neil Warnock is celebrating his 69th birthday, hoping to see his second-placed team win their fourth game on the bounce to keep the pressure on leaders Wolves.
The Canaries meanwhile are without a win in six league games and looking to improve on a 1-1 home draw with Preston last weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich: Gunn; Pinto (C), Hanley, Klose, Stiepermann; Reed, Vrancic, Hoolahan, Maddison, Murphy; Oliveira. Subs: McGovern (GK), Franke, Zimmermann, Trybull, Pritchard, Wildschut, Jerome
Cardiff: Etheridge; Manga, Morrison, Bamba, Bennett; Mendez-Laing, Bryson, Ralls, Damour, Hoilett; Ward. Subs: Murphy (GK), Peltier, Halford, Paterson, Feeney, Tomlin, Bogle
- 1 'I rate him as the best midfield player in the league' - Warnock hails former City star
- 2 Fans return: 2,000 supporters WILL be permitted to attend matches at Carrow Road as Norwich placed in Tier 2
- 3 Farke fears Krul out for weeks
- 4 ‘Norwich is a cracking club’ - Warnock explains why Boro couldn’t sign Gibson
- 5 Blows for Hugill, McLean and Cantwell as injury crisis deepens for City ahead of trip to Stoke
- 6 Excitement mounts ahead of proposed return for Norwich City at Luton
- 7 'We complement each other quite nicely' - Gibson on growing partnership with Hanley
- 8 Connor Southwell: There's plenty to admire about Norwich City's response to relegation
- 9 Paddy Davitt: Norwich City player ratings after a 3-2 Championship victory at Stoke City
- 10 Welcome to our new website
City team news
Daniel Farke delivered a mixed injury bulletin ahead of the trip to Wales. Timm Klose (hip) is back in the squad but Marley Watkins (groin) misses out. Tom Trybull (back) trained on Thursday for the first time in a fortnight and is available should he be required for what Farke labelled a brief cameo. The same applies to Cameron Jerome, who has had injections in an ankle problem that has restricted his training in recent days. Alex Pritchard missed the early part of this week’s training with a sore neck following his long-awaited return from ankle surgery against Preston. Pritchard is another who could be involved from the bench. James Husband and Alex Tettey (calf injuries) will not be back in the mix until after the Sheffield Wednesday home game. Remi Matthews is likely to be out for five weeks after suffering an ankle injury on loan at Plymouth. Steven Naismith is having injections in an ankle injury. Jamal Lewis (knee), Louis Thompson and Matt Jarvis remain longer term injury absentees.
Cardiff team news
Kenneth Zohore is nursing a persistent heel injury. Omar Bogle returns after serving his three-match ban, but Jazz Richards, Kadeem Harris and fomer Norwich loanee Lee Camp remain sidelined.
Cardiff manager – Neil Warnock
Vastly experienced manager who has seven promotions on his CV since guiding Scarborough to the Conference title in 1986/87. Cardiff is remarkably the 16th club of his coaching career since starting out at Gainsborough Trinity in 1980.
One to watch – Danny Ward
Confidence will be high for the striker after his stunning City Ground strike last time out.
Referee – Andy Davies (Hampshire)
Booked Timm Klose, Mario Vrancic and Cameron Jerome in City’s 0-0 Championship stalemate against Burton.