City loan duo test negative for coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City loan exports Carlton Morris and Louis Thompson have tested negative for coronavirus after missing MK Dons’ game with Wigan Athletic on Tuesday.
The pair both reported symptoms similar to those associated with Covid-19 and were told to stay at home as Russell Martin’s side welcomed the Latics to Stadium MK.
Goals from Scott Fraser and Stephen Walker helped Martin’s men record their second win of the season. Morris was ever-present prior to his absence on Tuesday, whereas Thompson recovered from injury and had featured in the last four fixtures.
The return of a negative test means both are available for selection for Saturday’s derby game against AFC Wimbledon.
Speaking about the pairs absence, City legend Martin told the MK Citizen: “Both were gutted to miss out, both wanted to play but they were unwell. Luckily for us, they tested negative for Covid but they were unwell so they were at home.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope they’re better soon because they have been brilliant on and off the pitch for us.”
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Luton Town v Norwich City
- 2 FARKE: Full roll call on City's injured stars
- 3 Limited number of tickets left for fans ahead of Wednesday and Forest matches
- 4 Through troubled waters to unexpected success - Farke reflects on spell as City boss
- 5 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 6 Di Cunningham: Young talent will not be hindered under Farke and Webber's watch
- 7 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 8 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 9 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 10 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round