City loan duo test negative for coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City loan exports Carlton Morris and Louis Thompson have tested negative for coronavirus after missing MK Dons’ game with Wigan Athletic on Tuesday.
The pair both reported symptoms similar to those associated with Covid-19 and were told to stay at home as Russell Martin’s side welcomed the Latics to Stadium MK.
Goals from Scott Fraser and Stephen Walker helped Martin’s men record their second win of the season. Morris was ever-present prior to his absence on Tuesday, whereas Thompson recovered from injury and had featured in the last four fixtures.
The return of a negative test means both are available for selection for Saturday’s derby game against AFC Wimbledon.
Speaking about the pairs absence, City legend Martin told the MK Citizen: “Both were gutted to miss out, both wanted to play but they were unwell. Luckily for us, they tested negative for Covid but they were unwell so they were at home.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope they’re better soon because they have been brilliant on and off the pitch for us.”
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 2 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 5 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 6 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 7 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 8 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 9 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 10 Hanley insists winning title 'means everything' to Canaries