Castle Acre Swifts establish eight point lead at top

The top two in Division One met and the result went the way of leaders Castle Acre Swifts who beat North Elmham 6-2 to establish an eight point lead at the top.

Third-placed Morley Village dropped two points in a 1-1 draw at Thetford Rovers Reserves. Tacolneston got back to winning ways with a 3-1 win at Swaffham Town A and bottom team Narborough won for the second week running, beating Rockland United 3-1 in a match well refereed by Mark Woodhouse.

There were just three matches in Division Two – second placed Nostro travelled to Necton and won 7-3. Scarning United beat Cockers 4-1 at home to move up to third place and Mulbarton Wanderers Reserves beat bottom team Saham Toney Reserves 4-1 and go up to fourth spot.

Weeting stay third in Division Three after their only goal win over Watton United A and Hingham Athletic Reserves are up to fourth after their 5-3 win at Marham Wanderers. Stoke Ferry beat North Elmham Reserves 6-0 and Splitz United beat Rockland United Reserves 3-1. In the other match, Wendling won 5-0 at bottom team Narborough Reserves.

The Division Four leaders Mulbarton Wanderers A kept their unbeaten record alive with a 3-1 win at fourth-placed Yaxham Reserves. Feltwell United Reserves beat Castle Acre Swifts Reserves 5-0 and move up to third place as a result. Tacolneston Reserves made it a good day for the club with a 2-1 home win over Beetley United and move above them into fifth. Nostro Reserves ran up the biggest score of the day with an 11-0 win at bottom team Methwold United Reserves and Dereham Cockers United beat Weasenham Wanderers 4-2.

You may also want to watch:

Litcham from Division Three did very well to beat their First Division opponents Yaxham in their replayed First Round match in the Birds Sport & Outdoor Benevolent Cup.

The Dick Davey Ambulance Cup got underway with the First Round matches. Division Three leaders Attleborough Athletic beat Colkirk by the odd goal of three while, in the all First Division clash, Bridgham United squeezed past Dereham Town A 5-4 after extra time. Rampant Horse beat Bawdeswell 2-1 and Walsingham United ran out winners at Shipdham Reserves. Sporle proved too strong for Methwold United and won 3-1 in a match played in good spirit and well refereed by Michael Inder.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus