Castle Acre Swifts extend lead to four points
Division One leaders Castle Acre Swifts continued their recent good run with an important 1-0 win at Shipdham to increase their lead at the top of the table to four points.
Dereham Town A moved above Morley Village into second place as a result of beating them 3-1. At the other end of the table, there were three important results. Rockland United finished their fixtures with a 3-1 defeat at Thetford Rovers Reserves and, as a result, slip ever closer to the other relegation place because Bridgham United moved above them having beaten Narborough 6-4 and Gressenhall took an important point from their 3-3 draw at Tacolneston. Both Bridgham United and Gressenhall need one point and three points respectively to ensure First Division football for next season.
Division Two leaders West End held on to beat Necton 4-3 to maintain a six point lead over second-placed Scarning United who beat Mulbarton Wanderers Reserves by the only goal of the game.
Division Three leaders Litcham were without a game while the next three teams all won. Second-placed Stoke Ferry won 5-2 at North Elmham Reserves. Hingham Athletic Reserves in third place beat Attleborough Athletic 4-1 and Weeting ran out easy 6-0 winners at Rockland United Reserves in a match well refereed by Ian Banham. These results confirm that Litcham have already secured one of the four promotion places on offer. Splitz United won 4-1 at Marham Wanderers and are in sixth place on the same number of points as Great Cressingham who beat Colkirk by the odd goal of five. Methwold United completed their fixtures with a 4-2 home win over Wendling.
Feltwell United Reserves are the new leaders of Division Four after their 4-2 win at Nostro Reserves. Third-placed Yaxham Reserves were held to a goalless draw at Castle Acre Swifts Reserves while Beetley United in fourth spot were well beaten 7-3 by Walsingham United. Gressenhall Reserves completed their fixtures with a 1-1 draw at home to Tacolneston Reserves. Three of the five promotion places are now settled with Feltwell United Reserves, Mulbarton Wanderers A and Yaxham Reserves all certain of Division Three football next season.
You may also want to watch:
The semi-finals of the Fen Regis Invitation Shield were both close affairs. North Elmham won by the odd goal of three at Bawdeswell while Sporle beat Cockers 3-1 to set up a Final meeting at Aldiss Park on May 8.
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 5 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 6 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 7 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 8 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 9 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion