Celtic reject Norwich City bid for Gary Hooper
- Credit: PA
Celtic boss Neil Lennon has confirmed that the club have rejected a bid from Norwich City for striker Gary Hooper.
The Canaries were reported to have made a £5m bid for Hooper on Thursday, with Lennon revealing on Friday the offer had been turned down.
Lennon said: “There has been a bid. We are very disappointed it has been made public knowledge. We do our business as privately as possible.
“We don’t want any of our top players going, and Gary comes into that bracket.”
However, Lennon is bracing himself for a second bid from Chris Hughton.
You may also want to watch:
“We had discussions with his representatives this morning and we are waiting to hear back from them.
“Our case is simple - you are not going. He has a year and a half on his contract and he’s a Celtic player.”
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 4 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 5 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 8 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 9 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 10 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat