Celtic reject Norwich City bid for Gary Hooper
- Credit: PA
Celtic boss Neil Lennon has confirmed that the club have rejected a bid from Norwich City for striker Gary Hooper.
The Canaries were reported to have made a £5m bid for Hooper on Thursday, with Lennon revealing on Friday the offer had been turned down.
Lennon said: “There has been a bid. We are very disappointed it has been made public knowledge. We do our business as privately as possible.
“We don’t want any of our top players going, and Gary comes into that bracket.”
However, Lennon is bracing himself for a second bid from Chris Hughton.
You may also want to watch:
“We had discussions with his representatives this morning and we are waiting to hear back from them.
“Our case is simple - you are not going. He has a year and a half on his contract and he’s a Celtic player.”
- 1 Could Canaries benefit from Chelsea appointing Tuchel?
- 2 Former Arsenal and Norwich midfielder set to sign for Saints
- 3 Soto's striker instinct is clear - now he needs to prove it at Norwich City
- 4 Arsenal end chase in City star with Real Madrid signing
- 5 Paddy Davitt: City's bold call and the status quo
- 6 'He's been great for me' - Hanley grateful to Farke for making him a better player
- 7 'Lots to learn ' - Busy spell continues as City striker makes Swindon debut
- 8 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 9 The story of Alex Neil and Jordan Hugill's trainers
- 10 'You just want more' - McLean settled at City and focused on top-flight return