Celtic reject third bid from Norwich City for Gary Hooper
- Credit: PA
Celtic manager Neil Lennon has revealed that the SPL club have rejected a third bid from Norwich City for striker Gary Hooper.
Lennon said: “Never say never but we had a third bid yesterday from Norwich and that was rejected.
“Again, it was well short of what we think he’s worth. We haven’t put a price on him. If people want to make a bid, fine, but they’ll have to come forward with the money and we’ll see where it takes us.
“I’m hoping he’s here on Friday. You would never guarantee it but I would bet on it, although I’m not a betting man.
“Do I expect another bid? I don’t know. A lot of things happen on the last day, it’s pretty frantic, but the only concrete offer we’ve had for any of the players has been for Gary from Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s my best player, one of my best players, a fantastic all-round centre-forward. The next time we play here is against Juventus and I think that really appeals to him. He’s ambitious, wants to further his career eventually. But, for now, he looks pretty happy.”
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 5 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 10 City hungry to be record breakers, insists Krul