Celtic reject third bid from Norwich City for Gary Hooper
- Credit: PA
Celtic manager Neil Lennon has revealed that the SPL club have rejected a third bid from Norwich City for striker Gary Hooper.
Lennon said: “Never say never but we had a third bid yesterday from Norwich and that was rejected.
“Again, it was well short of what we think he’s worth. We haven’t put a price on him. If people want to make a bid, fine, but they’ll have to come forward with the money and we’ll see where it takes us.
“I’m hoping he’s here on Friday. You would never guarantee it but I would bet on it, although I’m not a betting man.
“Do I expect another bid? I don’t know. A lot of things happen on the last day, it’s pretty frantic, but the only concrete offer we’ve had for any of the players has been for Gary from Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s my best player, one of my best players, a fantastic all-round centre-forward. The next time we play here is against Juventus and I think that really appeals to him. He’s ambitious, wants to further his career eventually. But, for now, he looks pretty happy.”
- 1 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 2 City midfielder returns to Norfolk after loan spell terminated
- 3 Bushiri completes Eupen loan
- 4 Placheta must kick on at City
- 5 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 6 Giannoulis deal proof City can navigate difficult transfer market
- 7 Giannoulis in contention for Boro clash - as City secure work permit
- 8 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 9 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 10 'That's my dream' - Giannoulis hopes his style will boost City's promotion hopes