Canaries star Pukki back at Celtic? He would be if Brown had his way!
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
It may be more in keeping with the fantasy football of the current climate, but Norwich City hitman Teemu Pukki is a wanted man – by his old team-mate at Celtic, Scott Brown.
The Hoops skipper says he would give the Flying Finn a second chance with the Scottish champions.
Pukki joined Celtic seven years ago from Schalke but scored only nine goals before moving to Brondby where his form attracted Norwich who, in 2018, signed him on a free transfer – and he went on to plunder 29 goals as City won the Championship last season – and was on 11 when the Premier League was suspended.
It is in stark contrast to his spell at Celtic, but Brown wouldn’t hesitate in re-signing the 30-year-old.
Asked which player he would sign from Norwich during a Dafabet Captains Call with Canaries skipper Grant Hanley, Brown said: “I’d bring back Pukki.
You may also want to watch:
“He was quiet at Celtic. He always worked hard and put defenders under pressure.
“But when he first came he didn’t look like a natural goalscorer.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 2 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 3 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 6 Rusty returns could prove crucial in the long run for fit-again City stars
- 7 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 8 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 10 Farke's words of advice for Soto
“When I see him playing with Norwich, he’s obviously had that little bit more experience, he’s flying.
“For a natural goalscorer, I would take Pukki because no matter what you always need one of them. We’ve got Griff [Leigh Griffiths] just now, and Odsonne [Edouard] who can produce that, but you can never have enough firepower.
“He [Pukki] was quiet but a really nice man. Every morning he used to wear the same terrible adidas trainers. They were about eight year old... his barnet was shocking as well!
“When he played for us he didn’t get that much game time, he didn’t get many opportunities. He didn’t probably score the amount of goals that we hoped he would score. He’s went away though and done phenomenal, fair play. He could have ended up falling down the leagues and doing whatever.
“But he’s fought, and fitness was never an issue with him anyway because he was like a Duracell Bunny, he would just keep running.
“I would definitely take Pukki.”
Meanwhile, Hanley revealed which two Celtic players he would love to see at Carrow Road – Griffiths and Edouard.