Central & South Norfolk League round-up
Saham Toney continue to lead Division One after beating last year's champions, Toftwood Rangers, 12-1, scoring nine of their goals in the second half. East Harling Reserves stay second after winning by the only goal of the game at Dereham Town A.
Saham Toney continue to lead Division One after beating last year's champions, Toftwood Rangers, 12-1, scoring nine of their goals in the second half. East Harling Reserves stay second after winning by the only goal of the game at Dereham Town A. North Elmham are a point further back after preserving their 100pc record with a 4-1 home win over Shipdham and are joined by Dereham Posties who were impressive 8-2 home winners over Yaxham. Mulbarton Wanderers and Thetford Athletic shared the spoils from a 3-3 draw while Rockland United beat Gressenhall by the odd goal of seven. The two teams without a point at the foot of the table met and Bridgham United came out on top with a 3-2 away win over Hingham Athletic.
There was only one match each in the other three divisions because of the first round of the Norfolk Primary Cup. In Division Two Attleborough Town A produced an excellent team performance to win 4-2 at Dickleburgh with the star of the show being Attleborough's young midfielder, Jack Flynn, who scored a brilliant first half hat-trick. The game was well controlled by referee Paul Drake.
In Division Three Shipdham Reserves secured their first points of the season with a 3-0 home win over Great Cressingham. In Division Four Shropham United Reserves did likewise, beating Bunwell Reserves 7-1.
There were some good results for teams from the league in the Norfolk Primary Cup. Bawdeswell beat Dilham 5-2 while Bradenham Wanderers Reserves won 4-2 at Dersingham Rovers A. Fakenham Town A won by the only goal of the game at home to West Lynn Riverside, Tacolneston won by the odd goal of seven at Queensway and Swanton Morley won 2-0 at home to Earsham. Watton United A won 5-2 at Hemsby Reserves and West End won by the same score at Snettisham Maroons.
You may also want to watch:
In all league encounters, Hethersett Athletic beat Bunwell 3-2 while Sporle won 4-2 at Thetford Rovers Reserves. Hindolveston drew 1-1 with Prostar Windows and will have to replay next week.
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 5 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
- 6 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 7 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 8 Pressure on Hornets for title-hunting City
- 9 City players greeted by special messages from fan groups
- 10 MY TOP FIVE: The crucial moments of City's promotion success