Chadwick catches eye for Reserves
Norwich City Res 3 Stevenage Reserves 0: Luke Chadwick marked his comeback from injury with a goal as a strong City Reserve side maintained their unbeaten record in the Pontins Holidays Combination at Carrow Road last night.
Norwich City Res 3 Stevenage Reserves 0
Luke Chadwick marked his comeback from injury with a goal as a strong City Reserve side maintained their unbeaten record in the Pontins Holidays Combination at Carrow Road last night.
Starting his first game since picking up a hamstring injury at Charlton two weeks ago, Chadwick rounded off the scoring in the last minute after setting up the opener for Chris Martin.
With just over half hour gone the former Manchester United winger sent over an excellent cross from the right and for the second night running Martin cracked the ball against the woodwork, only this time the it deflected into the back of the net.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich finally wrapped up the points in the 87th minute when substitute Jordan Yong nodded home an Andrew Cave-Brown centre at the back post and Chadwick completed the scoring when he rammed home a loose ball after the goalkeeper had parried.
City captain Jason Shackell got a hour's run-out after missing three games through suspension while Julien Brellier and David Strihavka got the full 90 minutes.
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 3 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 4 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 5 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 6 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 7 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
- 8 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 9 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 10 Local lad tag weighs heavy on Cantwell's shoulders
t Norwich City Res: Arnold, Cave-Brown, Lathrope, Brellier, Spillane, Shackell (Halliday 58), Chadwick, Martin, Strihavka, Bexfield (Kelly 45), Eagle (Yong 77). Unused substitutes: Rudd, Daley.
t Attendance: 636.