Chadwick catches eye for Reserves
Norwich City Res 3 Stevenage Reserves 0: Luke Chadwick marked his comeback from injury with a goal as a strong City Reserve side maintained their unbeaten record in the Pontins Holidays Combination at Carrow Road last night.
Norwich City Res 3 Stevenage Reserves 0
Luke Chadwick marked his comeback from injury with a goal as a strong City Reserve side maintained their unbeaten record in the Pontins Holidays Combination at Carrow Road last night.
Starting his first game since picking up a hamstring injury at Charlton two weeks ago, Chadwick rounded off the scoring in the last minute after setting up the opener for Chris Martin.
With just over half hour gone the former Manchester United winger sent over an excellent cross from the right and for the second night running Martin cracked the ball against the woodwork, only this time the it deflected into the back of the net.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich finally wrapped up the points in the 87th minute when substitute Jordan Yong nodded home an Andrew Cave-Brown centre at the back post and Chadwick completed the scoring when he rammed home a loose ball after the goalkeeper had parried.
City captain Jason Shackell got a hour's run-out after missing three games through suspension while Julien Brellier and David Strihavka got the full 90 minutes.
- 1 Why a Premier League gamble makes no sense for Farke
- 2 Onel Hernandez reveals reason he got a Norwich City tattoo
- 3 Former City coach departs Ipswich Town
- 4 'I have to say I had more than one tear in my eye' - choked Farke on City duo's exit
- 5 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v City - No fresh injuries. Skipp and Pukki will be part of celebrations
- 6 Why Norwich City won't be a soft touch in the Premier League
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Cardiff man once again linked
- 8 'Perfection' - Dowell on getting back to the big time with Canaries
- 9 Rosenborg set for talks with Tettey
- 10 When will Norwich City learn their Premier League fixtures?
t Norwich City Res: Arnold, Cave-Brown, Lathrope, Brellier, Spillane, Shackell (Halliday 58), Chadwick, Martin, Strihavka, Bexfield (Kelly 45), Eagle (Yong 77). Unused substitutes: Rudd, Daley.
t Attendance: 636.