Chadwick joining MK Dons
Norwich City winger Luke Chadwick is joining MK Dons tomorrow on a permanent basis.The 28-year-old former Manchester United and West Ham player scored three times in eight appearances while on loan to the League One promotion-chasers this season before returning to Norwich in November because of a knee injury sustained in training.
Norwich City winger Luke Chadwick is joining MK Dons on a permanent basis on a free transfer.
The deal will include a sell-on if Chadwick is sold by the League One side in the future
The 28-year-old former Manchester United and West Ham player scored three times in eight appearances while on loan to the promotion-chasing Dons this season before returning to Norwich in November because of a knee ligament injury sustained in training.
Chadwick, out of contract with City at the end of the season, is still recovering from the injury, but Dons manager Roberto Di Matteo was sufficiently impressed to want to make the move permanent.
You may also want to watch:
He officially becomes an MK Dons player tomorrow as the January transfer window opens.
Chadwick told the Dons' official website: “I can't wait to get started again. I've got some work to do to get over this injury at the moment but I'm looking forward to getting back on the pitch and hopefully helping the team win promotion.
- 1 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 3 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 4 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 8 Pressure on Hornets for title-hunting City
- 9 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 10 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
“I really enjoyed it here earlier in the season, I felt really settled even though I was on loan and the supporters were brilliant to me.
“I found my fitness, was playing regularly and was really enjoying my football. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up where I left off.”
Chadwick was signed by former City boss Peter Grant from Stoke, initially on loan, in November 2006 and opened the scoring on his debut in a 3-1 defeat at Ipswich, but was stretchered off with a gashed knee later in the same match and underwent an operation.
The deal was made permanent for a reported £220,000 in January 2007 and he returned to action two months later.
Last season he was sidelined for nearly five months after a shoulder operation.
Chadwick made 18 appearances for City, scoring twice. His last senior outing came as a substitute in the 3-0 home win over Queens Park Rangers in April.