Champions Gimingham fall to league leaders Runton
The top two sides in the NPSS Security Services NEN League met at Woodhill where the reigning Slater & Frith Division One Champions Gimingham were Runton’s visitors.
As expected it turned out to be a very close encounter with the home side snatching the winner of the odd goal of five in the final minute thanks to Christopher Long, who added to his earlier effort, the home side’s third goal coming from the spot from Tony Edwards. With Wayne Cutting notching a brace in reply for Gimingham this result now sees the home side open up a five point lead at the top.
Third placed Haisboro Athletic had to be satisfied with a point from their visit to East Ruston where goals from Lee Woodhouse, Mark Burton and Louis Holden for the home side were cancelled out by efforts from Tom Crabb, Ryan Hughes and Lee Durgan. Corpusty recorded their first win of the season in some style away at Worstead hammering the home side 6-1, whilst Aylsham ‘A’ also won away at Horning by a 3-1 margin.
With the Wayford Nurseries Division Two leaders Erpingham idle, Cromer Youth Old Boys moved within two points of the top spot with three games in hand after their visit to Hickling ended in a triumphant 8-1 victory, Oliver Gaheagen (3) and Joe Leah (2) leading their scoring. Cawston had a 2-1 home win over Blakeney, Holt ‘A’ were too strong for Corpusty Reserves hitting seven with the home side netting once and Aldborough Lions won well at Plumstead Rangers by a 3-1 margin.
The top two sides in the Knights Trophies Division Three, Trunch & Southrepps, both recorded home wins over Mundesley Reserves 3-1 and Plumstead Reserves 2-1 respectively. Felmingham recorded an 8-2 home win over East Ruston Reserves whilst Erpingham Reserves also won at home against Worstead Reserves 5-3
You may also want to watch:
In the rearranged Nicholson’s of Stalham Benevolent Cup North Walsham ‘A’ beat Mundesley 2-0.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 3 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 4 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 6 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 7 'We want to top this season off properly' - Krul's message to fans
- 8 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 9 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 10 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest