Championship delight for Norfolk
Norfolk Ladies have retained the East Anglian Football Championship title on goal difference after a narrow win by Hertfordshire over Cambridge, Norfolk's 3-0 win over Suffolk in February put the pressure back on their main rivals Essex and Hertfordshire.
Norfolk Ladies have retained the East Anglian Football Championship title on goal difference after a narrow win by Hertfordshire over Cambridge.
Norfolk's 3-0 win over Suffolk in February put the pressure back on their main rivals Essex and Hertfordshire. However both failed in their gallant attempt to catch Norfolk who stayed top of the Championship throughout the campaign.
Manager Darren Moss said: “This is a tremendous achievement and means the Norfolk squad has secured back-to-back championships.
“Retaining the title is extremely satisfying and underlines the development of the female game in our county.
You may also want to watch:
“The victory also highlights the fact that we have lost only one game in two-and-a-half years at this level whilst having once again faced high-quality teams from all over the East of England.
“On many occasions this season we have encountered teams who boast players with current Premier League experience so we can be very proud of our squad and their consistent performance over the last few seasons,” he added.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries set to make January bid for Aberdeen star
- 2 Why leaving Brighton was the ‘best decision’ of City midfielder’s career
- 3 TEAM NEWS: Normann and Cantwell fit for City's battle with Brighton
- 4 'They need to step up' - City legend wants more from summer signings
- 5 'They're fighting' - Brighton boss believes City will find first win soon
- 6 Iwan Roberts: Jet-setting Canaries have never had it so good!
- 7 Farke is sure 'baller' Gilmour will make his impact at City
- 8 Norwich City accept police invite to help tackle online racism
- 9 Ian Clarke: I'd absolutely love it if Norwich City can stick it to the critics
- 10 Should Gilmour start for City against Seagulls?