Championship delight for Norfolk
Norfolk Ladies have retained the East Anglian Football Championship title on goal difference after a narrow win by Hertfordshire over Cambridge, Norfolk's 3-0 win over Suffolk in February put the pressure back on their main rivals Essex and Hertfordshire.
Norfolk Ladies have retained the East Anglian Football Championship title on goal difference after a narrow win by Hertfordshire over Cambridge.
Norfolk's 3-0 win over Suffolk in February put the pressure back on their main rivals Essex and Hertfordshire. However both failed in their gallant attempt to catch Norfolk who stayed top of the Championship throughout the campaign.
Manager Darren Moss said: “This is a tremendous achievement and means the Norfolk squad has secured back-to-back championships.
“Retaining the title is extremely satisfying and underlines the development of the female game in our county.
You may also want to watch:
“The victory also highlights the fact that we have lost only one game in two-and-a-half years at this level whilst having once again faced high-quality teams from all over the East of England.
“On many occasions this season we have encountered teams who boast players with current Premier League experience so we can be very proud of our squad and their consistent performance over the last few seasons,” he added.
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 5 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 6 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 7 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 8 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 9 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 10 Watch extended highlights of the Canaries' 2-0 win over Bristol City