Chance to shine for Norwich City's outcasts
Ian Crook believes three of Norwich City's outcasts still have a chance to impress Paul Lambert in tonight's opening reserve league fixture against Southend's second string at Carrow Road.
Ian Crook believes three of Norwich City's outcasts still have a chance to impress Paul Lambert in tonight's opening reserve league fixture against Southend's second string at Carrow Road. (7.30pm)
Gary Doherty, Wes Hoolahan and Darel Russell are all named in Crook's starting line-up on the same day the loan window re-opens amid growing speculation over the trio's imminent Carrow Road exits.
And the City reserve team boss is backing the club's senior professionals to make the most of this evening's shop window in front of Lambert - as well as anybody else who is taking an interest.
“It's an opportunity for them to get a game under their belt and to showcase themselves in front of the gaffer,” said Crook. “Those players who have found themselves out of the side, for whatever reason, now have a chance to show the gaffer.
You may also want to watch:
“I'm not going to lie, of course it's difficult maybe for the established pros when you get put down into the reserves. It would be wrong to say any player would enjoy that, but it's football.
“For those boys this game is all about how good their attitude is going to be and I know we'll have no problems with that.”
- 1 City lodge complaint to EFL over match officials conduct during Luton Town defeat
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Sheffield Wednesday - Pukki and Emi fit
- 3 'He is a very understated person' - Pulis relishing Farke reunion at Carrow Road
- 4 What do the new Brexit rules mean for Norwich City?
- 5 Iwan Roberts: I've never seen an injury crisis like Norwich City's before
- 6 Farke's fan plea ahead of Carrow Rd return
- 7 Norwich City able to access £8.33m loan after Premier League agree EFL bailout
- 8 'We need to adapt' - Skipp keen to share the goals around in Pukki's absence
- 9 Paddy's Pointers: Luton Town 3 Canaries 1
- 10 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Luton Town
Australian back-up keeper Michael Theoklitos is in line for his first outing in a Norwich shirt since the calamitous 7-1 League One opening day defeat to Colchester.
Norwich (starting XI): Theoklitos, Francomb, Habergham, Doherty, Stephens, Russell, Whaley, McDonald, Maric, Hoolahan, Martin. Subs: Dumic, Steer, Kelly, Dawkin, Brindley.
t Admission prices for tonight's game: �4 adults, �1 over-60s with free entry for under 16s and all season ticket holders. The Soccer PM initiative also returns tonight with free activities and competitions for under-16s from 6pm in the concourse area of the Jarrold Stand along with appearances from Grant Holt and Paul McVeigh.