STARTING XIs: Drmic and Cantwell return as City and Chelsea both make four changes
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Josip Drmic and Todd Cantwell are among four players returning to Norwich City’s starting line-up for tonight’s game at Chelsea, who also make four changes.
Head coach Daniel Farke has rotated his squad three days after Saturday’s dire 4-0 home defeat to West Ham which confirmed relegation.
Drmic returns in place of Teemu Pukki up front and Lukas Rupp replaces Marco Stiepermann, as the Canaries revert to a more defensive 4-5-1 shape, with Kenny McLean also return in midfield in place of Mario Vrancic.
Todd Cantwell comes back into the team in place of Emi Buendia as Onel Hernandez retains his starting place but the defence remains unchanged with little option thanks to injuries.
Christoph Zimmermann (back and hamstring), Grant Hanley and Sam Byram (both hamstring), as well as midfielder Moritz Leitner (hernia) are all out until the end of the season.
You may also want to watch:
The changes are made with a more winnable home game against Burnley approaching on Saturday, ahead of a trip to dethroned champions Manchester City on the final day.
Switzerland striker Drmic has only scored three goals in 22 games for City but just one of those goals was in the Premier League, a consolation during a 5-1 home defeat to Aston Villa back in October.
- 1 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 2 City midfielder returns to Norfolk after loan spell terminated
- 3 Bushiri completes Eupen loan
- 4 Placheta must kick on at City
- 5 Giannoulis in contention for Boro clash - as City secure work permit
- 6 Giannoulis deal proof City can navigate difficult transfer market
- 7 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 8 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 9 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 10 'That's my dream' - Giannoulis hopes his style will boost City's promotion hopes
Chelsea boss Frank Lampard also makes four changes, with Antonio Rudiger replacing Anders Christensen, who came off at half-time of Saturday’s shock 3-0 loss at Sheffield United with a knock.
Mateo Kovacic and Ruben Loftus-Cheek come into midfield in place of Mason Mount and Ross Barkley, while France striker Olivier Giroud replaces Tammy Abraham up front.
The Blues are third but have Leicester and Manchester United just a point behind them as the battle for the final two Championship League qualification really starts to build.
The hosts have an FA Cup semi-final against Manchester United at the weekend and are still in the Championship League but will need to overturn a 3-0 deficit against Bayern Munich next month to reach the quarter-finals.
NORWICH (4-5-1): Krul; Aarons, Godfrey, Klose, Lewis; Cantwell, Rupp, Tettey (C), McLean, Hernandez; Drmic. Subs: McGovern (GK), Thomas, Trybull, Vrancic, Buendia, Cantwell, Martin, Pukki, Idah
CHELSEA (4-3-3): Arrizabalaga; Azpilacueta (C), Zouma, Rudiger, Alonso; Kovacic, Jorginho, Loftus-Cheek; Willian, Giroud, Pulisic. Subs: Caballero (GK), Christensen, James, Tomori, Barkley, Mount, Hudson-Odoi, Pedro, Abraham
REFEREE: Jonathan Moss (West Yorks)
VAR: Martin Atkinson (West Yorks)