Press conference updates: Relegated Canaries prepare for trip to Chelsea
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The busy final stages of the Premier League season continue for already relegated Norwich City at Chelsea tomorrow night, with Daniel Farke holding his pre-match press conference this afternoon.
The Canaries’ head coach will deliver his latest team news briefing and take questions from the media via a video conference from around 1.15pm.
City’s fate was sealed by an abject 4-0 home defeat to West Ham on Saturday, equalling a club record of seven consecutive league defeats in the process.
Yet Farke’s team still have three games to navigate before they can start preparing properly for the club’s return to the Championship, starting at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday (8.15pm).
Frank Lampard’s team were pegged back twice by goals from Todd Cantwell and Teemu Pukki at Carrow Road in August but won 3-2 thanks to Tammy Abraham’s winner in an exciting encounter.
You may also want to watch:
They sit third in the table but just a point clear of Leicester and two ahead of Manchester United as the race for the final Champions League qualification places heats up
The Blues have won seven of their last nine games but have suffered two surprise away defeats this month, 3-2 at West Ham and then 3-0 at Sheffield United on Saturday.
- 1 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 2 TEAM NEWS: Rupp injury setback ahead of CIty's trip to Derby
- 3 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 4 Farke misses out on monthly award... Again
- 5 Stiepermann opens up about health problems
- 6 Norwich City transfer rumours: Prolific Greek international in Canaries' sights
- 7 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 8 Farke hopes 'outstanding' City midfielder can shake off injury issues
- 9 Hanley a big fan of new City star
- 10 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
Part of that run were FA Cup wins over Liverpool and Leicester, teeing up a semi-final against Manchester United on Sunday. They also still have a Champions League round of 16 tie still to come in August but trail Bayern Munich 3-0 after the first leg all the way back in February.
- You can follow all the updates from the press conference above