New deal for City ace
- Credit: Norwich City Football Club
Norwich City Under-23s defender Andrew Omobamidele has put pen to paper on his first professional deal at the football club.
The 17-year-old centre-back has been a major part of both of the Canaries development squads, featuring in four games for the U18s and six for the U23s.
The youngster joined the Canaries from Irish side Leixlip United in 2018 and is hoping to be another young talent off the City production line.
"It's an amazing feeling, it's what I came to England to do, work hard and try get my first professional contract and it's came so I'm very excited, ready to go again," he told City's official website.
"I definitely worked hard to be where I am. I don't think age really matters, I think once you're able to play at a level, age doesn't change anything. I have been working really hard, trying to string performances together and all stuff surrounding that."
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere within the youth squads, U23s midfielder Connor Parsons has left after his contract was cancelled by mutual consent.
Parsons has been with the club since he was a schoolboy and grew up in North Walsham but an ACL injury limited his game time on the pitch. He did manage to get back to full fitness and made three appearances for the U23s this season.
- 1 City lodge complaint to EFL over match officials conduct during Luton Town defeat
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Luton Town 3 Canaries 1
- 3 Norwich City able to access £8.33m loan after Premier League agree EFL bailout
- 4 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Luton Town
- 5 What do the new Brexit rules mean for Norwich City?
- 6 Bullish Farke unhappy at defending and key calls in Luton defeat
- 7 Iwan Roberts: I've never seen an injury crisis like Norwich City's before
- 8 'A perfect storm' - Fans have their say as injuries finally take their toll on Canaries
- 9 Luton 3-1 City: Tired Canaries come up well short
- 10 Skipp calls for City to be smarter after Luton defeat