New deal for City ace
- Credit: Norwich City Football Club
Norwich City Under-23s defender Andrew Omobamidele has put pen to paper on his first professional deal at the football club.
The 17-year-old centre-back has been a major part of both of the Canaries development squads, featuring in four games for the U18s and six for the U23s.
The youngster joined the Canaries from Irish side Leixlip United in 2018 and is hoping to be another young talent off the City production line.
"It's an amazing feeling, it's what I came to England to do, work hard and try get my first professional contract and it's came so I'm very excited, ready to go again," he told City's official website.
"I definitely worked hard to be where I am. I don't think age really matters, I think once you're able to play at a level, age doesn't change anything. I have been working really hard, trying to string performances together and all stuff surrounding that."
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere within the youth squads, U23s midfielder Connor Parsons has left after his contract was cancelled by mutual consent.
Parsons has been with the club since he was a schoolboy and grew up in North Walsham but an ACL injury limited his game time on the pitch. He did manage to get back to full fitness and made three appearances for the U23s this season.
- 1 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 2 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 3 MATCHDAY LIVE: Can Norwich City complete the double over Cardiff?
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 5 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 6 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 7 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 8 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 9 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 10 'Three Lungs' back in business