New deal for City ace
- Credit: Norwich City Football Club
Norwich City Under-23s defender Andrew Omobamidele has put pen to paper on his first professional deal at the football club.
The 17-year-old centre-back has been a major part of both of the Canaries development squads, featuring in four games for the U18s and six for the U23s.
The youngster joined the Canaries from Irish side Leixlip United in 2018 and is hoping to be another young talent off the City production line.
"It's an amazing feeling, it's what I came to England to do, work hard and try get my first professional contract and it's came so I'm very excited, ready to go again," he told City's official website.
"I definitely worked hard to be where I am. I don't think age really matters, I think once you're able to play at a level, age doesn't change anything. I have been working really hard, trying to string performances together and all stuff surrounding that."
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere within the youth squads, U23s midfielder Connor Parsons has left after his contract was cancelled by mutual consent.
Parsons has been with the club since he was a schoolboy and grew up in North Walsham but an ACL injury limited his game time on the pitch. He did manage to get back to full fitness and made three appearances for the U23s this season.
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 3 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 4 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 5 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 6 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 7 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 10 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League