Canaries announce over 20,000 season tickets have been renewed for 2020-21 season despite relegation fears
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have announced that over 20,000 supporters have renewed their season tickets ahead of the upcoming 2020-21 season.
That's despite the disappointing nature of the Canaries current campaign, with Daniel Farke's men rooted to the foot of the Premier League, seven points from safety. City could be set for a return to the Championship just one year after recording promotion in the 2018-19 season.
City face Leicester City on Friday evening hoping to revive their survival hopes and Farke's men will need to replicate the form displayed by the Foxes when they achieved their great escape in 2015.
The Canaries have 11 fixtures to change their fortunes, with the backing of supporters remaining largely intact despite a frustrating season on the pitch. Fan groups such as Along Come Norwich have worked to improve the atmosphere at Carrow Road through the use of visual displays and further fan engagement.
The club announced a prize freeze on season tickets for the eighth consecutive campaign last month, with around 14,000 of the club's season tickets holders, of which there are around 22,000 in total, using a direct debit scheme to spread the cost of their season ticket over a 12-month period, interest-free.
You may also want to watch:
City have had the fifth largest crowd capacity percentage in the top-flight this season, with 99.2pc of Carrow Road being occupied by supporters. Only Arsenal, Leicester City, Chelsea and West Ham rank higher. The average attendance inside City's stadium has been over 27,000 this season.
"To have over 20,000 renewals at this stage is a remarkable display of support and for that we're extremely grateful," chief operating officer Ben Kensell told the club's official website.
- 1 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 3 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 4 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 7 Pressure on Hornets for title-hunting City
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 9 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 10 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
"We thank the fans for their continued support, both at home and on the road, and it's great to know that Carrow Road will once again be at full capacity for the upcoming season."
Remaining season ticket holders who are yet to renew will be sent a reminder ahead of the second deadline of Saturday, March 21. From the beginning of April any remaining season tickets will then be made available to those currently on the club's season ticket waiting list.