Norwich City complete signing of Danel Sinani
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City have completed the signing of Luxembourg international Danel Sinani - with the winger penning a three-year deal with the club.
The 23-year-old will officially join up with City ahead of the 2020/21 season after signing a pre-contract agreement with the Canaries.
City’s interest in the winger can be tracked back to January, when reports of their interest were first made public. Sinani himself has spoken in great length about the progression of the deal, but City moved to announce it formally on Friday evening.
Sinani will join up with Daniel Farke’s squad in pre-season following the conclusion of the current campaign - which has been suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The winger has been prolific in his domestic division, scoring 24 times in 30 appearances in all competitions this season for F91 Dudelange.
You may also want to watch:
Sinani becomes the first ever Canaries player from Luxembourg. He has made 21 appearances for the national team, scoring on three occasions.
Speaking about his move to Carrow Road, Sinani said: “Norwich is a very big club with many good players. I will try to do my best and try to continue to hopefully score goals and to help the team to get in a high position.
- 1 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 2 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 3 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 4 'I was knocked for six' - Krul reveals difficulties of his Covid-19 recovery
- 5 City Q&A: Striker light - Your questions answered
- 6 Six things you might have missed following Norwich City's FA Cup exit at Barnsley
- 7 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 9 Di Cunningham: Why City fans are in a class of their own
- 10 Chris Goreham: The importance of Hugill and home schooling
“I’ve heard a lot of good things about Norwich City and I’m really excited to join you guys in the summer.
“For me, the most important thing in our situation is that you’re keeping well and keeping safe,” he told the club’s channels.
When quizzed about City’s interest in Sinani, Farke stated that the Canaries were always interested in projects.
Now Sinani has signed, City’s boss is excited to see how the attacker can progress at Carrow Road.
“We’re all happy that we’re able to sign Danel. He’s a young player full of potential.
“He’s pretty interesting because he can play more or less all offensive positions. He also has great ability in terms of end product, scoring many goals and delivering many assists.
“Luxembourg is a completely different level so we will need to give him some time, but he has proven he can deliver in the Europa League. It’s a sign of our way that we give interesting talents the chance to impress.”