City complete Tudur Jones signing
Canaries boss Bryan Gunn last night completed his second signing of the close season when he landed Welsh international midfielder Owain Tudur Jones from Swansea City for an undisclosed fee.
Canaries boss Bryan Gunn has completed his second signing of the close season when he landed Welsh international midfielder Owain Tudur Jones from Swansea City for an undisclosed fee.
Tudur Jones, whose signing follows that of Exeter midfielder Matthew Gill, has agreed a three-year deal.
He made 56 first team appearances for the Swans in all competitions, scoring four times, after signing from Welsh Premier League side Bangor City in August 2005.
Bryan Gunn told the club's official website: "After Owain had figured for Wales in their recent win over Azerbaijan we sat down with the player and his agent to thrash out terms and I'm delighted we are able to confirm we have brought him in on a three-year deal.
You may also want to watch:
"I've spoken to Roberto Martinez who was his manager at Swansea and he comes highly recommended by Roberto and others in the game. I've seen him play myself a few times and I know he's impressed at Swansea and also at Swindon on loan.
"I know Owain will be wanting to establish himself as a first team regular here and is hungry to do well for Norwich City. I'm delighted we have managed to stave off a number of other clubs who were interested in signing him to get him to join us."
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 6 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 7 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 8 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 9 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
- 10 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion
Tudur Jones spent the final two months of last season on loan at League One side Swindon Town, scoring once in 11 appearances.
After putting pen to paper, Tudur Jones told the club's official website: "I'm looking forward to the next few years that I'll be spending at the club. Having been and had a look at the facilities it's a club I'm thoroughly looking forward to playing for and all the challenges that lie ahead. I've spoken to the manager and listened to his plans for building the club back up and I want to be a part of that."