Outgoing trio not included as City confirm squad numbers for new season
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The squad numbers for Norwich City’s players have been confirmed for the new season, with Tom Trybull, Mo Leitner and Josip Drmic not given numbers ahead of their expected exits.
There are few surprises to take note of, with City having already confirmed that striker Jordan Hugill would be taking the vacant number nine shirt.
Teemu Pukki sticks with 22 but Onel Hernandez has vacated 11 to return to the 25 he has previously worn in the Championship, with summer signing Przemyslaw Placheta taking 11.
Kieran Dowell takes 10 from Leitner, Danish midfielder Jacob Sorensen succeeds Trybull at 19 and Tottenham loanee Oliver Skipp takes Drmic’s previous squad number of 20.
Academy prospect Josh Martin has been bumped up the order from 56 to 24 after his emergence as a first team competitor in recent months but Adam Idah sticks with 35.
You may also want to watch:
Other new arrivals take the following numbers: Xavi Quintilla (16), Danel Sinani (21), Bali Mumba (26), Melvin Sitti (28), Sam McCallum 31.
The Canaries have confirmed the squad numbers ahead of Saturday’s trip to Luton Town in the first round of the League Cup.
Head coach Daniel Farke confirmed last week that Trybull, Leitner and Drmic are not in his plans for the new season, as part of a revamp of his squad following relegation from the Premier League.
- 1 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 2 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 4 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 5 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 6 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 7 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 8 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 9 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day
- 10 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
Norwich City 2020-21 squad numbers
1 Tim Krul
2 Max Aarons
3 Sam Byram
4 Ben Godfrey
5 Grant Hanley (C)
6 Christoph Zimmermann
7 Lukas Rupp
8 Mario Vrancic
9 Jordan Hugill
10 Kieran Dowell
11 Przemyslaw Placheta
12 Jamal Lewis
14 Todd Cantwell
15 Timm Klose
16 Xavi Quintilla
17 Emiliano Buendia
18 Marco Stiepermann
19 Jacob Sorensen
20 Oliver Skipp
21 Danel Sinani
22 Teemu Pukki
23 Kenny McLean
24 Josh Martin
25 Onel Hernandez
26 Bali Mumba
27 Alexander Tettey
28 Melvin Sitti
31 Sam McCallum
33 Michael McGovern
35 Adam Idah
38 Aston Oxborough
43 Akin Famewo