City could go top on Saturday
David Cuffley The Canaries could be top of League One by 5pm on Saturday.Their 5-0 victory at Colchester narrowed the gap to three points on leaders Leeds, who were beaten 2-0 at Exeter.
The Canaries could be top of League One by 5pm on Saturday.
Their 5-0 victory at Colchester narrowed the gap to three points on leaders Leeds, who were beaten 2-0 at Exeter.
And with Leeds involved in an FA Cup fourth round tie at Tottenham on Saturday evening, City will go top of the table on goal difference if they win their league match the same day - though their opponents are not yet known.
You may also want to watch:
City are due to play Brentford at Carrow Road on Saturday, but if Brentford are still involved in the FA Cup - they entertain Doncaster in a rearranged third round tie tomorrow night - Paul Lambert's men will instead travel to Walsall for their twice-postponed league match.
Third-placed Charlton, three points behind Norwich, can also exert pressure on Leeds with successive home games coming up against Hartlepool tomorrow and Leyton Orient next Monday.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries set to make January bid for Aberdeen star
- 2 TEAM NEWS: Normann and Cantwell fit for City's battle with Brighton
- 3 Why leaving Brighton was the ‘best decision’ of City midfielder’s career
- 4 'They need to step up' - City legend wants more from summer signings
- 5 'They're fighting' - Brighton boss believes City will find first win soon
- 6 Iwan Roberts: Jet-setting Canaries have never had it so good!
- 7 Farke is sure 'baller' Gilmour will make his impact at City
- 8 Norwich City accept police invite to help tackle online racism
- 9 Ian Clarke: I'd absolutely love it if Norwich City can stick it to the critics
- 10 Should Gilmour start for City against Seagulls?
Leeds' next league match is not until tomorrow week, when they visit Swindon.