City could go top on Saturday
David Cuffley The Canaries could be top of League One by 5pm on Saturday.Their 5-0 victory at Colchester narrowed the gap to three points on leaders Leeds, who were beaten 2-0 at Exeter.
The Canaries could be top of League One by 5pm on Saturday.
Their 5-0 victory at Colchester narrowed the gap to three points on leaders Leeds, who were beaten 2-0 at Exeter.
And with Leeds involved in an FA Cup fourth round tie at Tottenham on Saturday evening, City will go top of the table on goal difference if they win their league match the same day - though their opponents are not yet known.
You may also want to watch:
City are due to play Brentford at Carrow Road on Saturday, but if Brentford are still involved in the FA Cup - they entertain Doncaster in a rearranged third round tie tomorrow night - Paul Lambert's men will instead travel to Walsall for their twice-postponed league match.
Third-placed Charlton, three points behind Norwich, can also exert pressure on Leeds with successive home games coming up against Hartlepool tomorrow and Leyton Orient next Monday.
- 1 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 2 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 3 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 4 'I don't want the season to end' - City ace hitting top form
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City's win at Derby
- 6 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
- 7 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 8 City Q&A: One down. One to go
- 9 Chris Goreham: No-one should question just how good City have been
- 10 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
Leeds' next league match is not until tomorrow week, when they visit Swindon.