Canaries defender hoping to earn international recognition
- Credit: James Wilson/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City defender Sean Raggett hopes he can push for a Republic of Ireland call-up during his season-long loan at Portsmouth.
The Canaries defender is looking to bounce back from a Rotherham loan which was ruined by injury last season, making 10 appearances as two ankle injuries required surgery.
The 25-year-old former Lincoln City defender has joined League One promotion hopefuls Pompey for 2019-20 and the former Gillingham trainee even has his eye on an international call.
"From when I have been a kid, becoming a Republic of Ireland international has always been one of my ambitions," Raggett, whose father is from Cork, told Portsmouth newspaper The News.
"That's something sometime in the future I can achieve because it would be something special. It would be a really special moment if I could achieve that - but first I have to work hard for Portsmouth and then see what happens.
"I'd really love to do that. Maybe last season I had an opportunity when I was playing in the Championship with Rotherham. I got a couple of injuries so I didn't play many games.
You may also want to watch:
"Before that I was playing in League Two with Lincoln and you're not going to get picked from there.
"First I've got to work hard and then see what happens. I've got to focus on playing well for Pompey and then you never know."
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 5 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 6 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 7 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 8 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 9 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 10 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit