VOTE: City defender nominated for Premier League Goal of the Month award
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City defender Jamal Lewis has been named on the shortlist for the February Goal of the Month award by the Premier League, which is now open to a public vote.
The left-back's sumptuous strike during last week's 1-0 win over Leicester at Carrow Road has earned Lewis the nomination, for the first league goal of his career.
The 22-year-old controlled an over-hit Max Aarons cross from the right on his chest and unleashed a half-volley which bent around Foxes keeper Kasper Schmeichel to spark celebrations and earn a crucial victory.
The Northern Ireland international faces competition from seven other top-flight goals scored during February, with the public vote open at PremierLeague.com until 6pm on Monday, March 9.
The winner will then be chosen when the public vote is combined with the choices from a panel of experts.
Canaries striker Teemu Pukki was nominated for the August award earlier this season, for a spectacular volley during a 3-1 home win over Newcastle, but missed out on adding that award to his Premier League Player of the Month win.
You may also want to watch:
Lewis is competing with Chelsea left-back Marcos Alonso, Tottenham forward Steven Bergwijn and Manchester United's young striker Mason Greenwood for the award.
He is also up against United star Anthony Martial, Everton striker Richarlison, Sheffield United left-back Enda Stevens and Burnley striker Matej Vydra.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 4 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 5 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 6 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 7 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 8 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 9 City keeper issues injury update
- 10 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move