City duo named in Championship Team of the Week again
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Two of Norwich City’s players have again been named in the Championship Team of the Week, after the Canaries climbed to the top of the table with a 1-0 win at Middlesbrough.
City number one Tim Krul and captain Grant Hanley have retained their places in the Team of the Week, having also been named in the divisional team following the 1-0 home win over Swansea prior to the international break.
The duo are joined by Lukas Rupp, Emi Buendia and Teemu Pukki into making it into one of the weekly divisional teams so far this season, which are decided by the EFL with assistance from the ratings of statistics website WhoScored.com.
Krul was nominated for the Championship Player of the Month award for October, alongside Daniel Farke being nominated for Manager of the Month, although both missed out on the awards.
It was Boro boss Neil Warnock winning the managerial award but it was Norwich who came out on top at the Riverside on Saturday thanks to a Pukki penalty, ending their 10-game unbeaten run as City extended their unbeaten run to eight matches thanks to a third consecutive clean sheet.
You may also want to watch:
Middlesbrough defender Dael Fry is also named in the Team of the Week, after a succession of excellent blocks to deny Pukki, Rupp, Przemek Placheta and Marco Stiepermann during the game.
Championship Team of the Week (game week 12): TIM KRUL (NORWICH); Callum Brittain (Barnsley), GRANT HANLEY (NORWICH), Dael Fry (Boro), Callum Styles (Barnsley); Lewis Cook (Bournemouth), Carel Eiting (Huddersfield), Matt Grimes (Swansea); Cauley Woodrow (Barnsley); Kieffer Moore (Cardiff), Tyrese Campbell (Stoke)
- 1 Farke fears Krul out for weeks
- 2 Excitement mounts ahead of proposed return for Norwich City at Luton
- 3 Paddy’s Pointers: Five observations from Norwich City’s eventful 3-2 Championship win against Stoke City
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Norwich City player ratings after a 3-2 Championship victory at Stoke City
- 5 ‘Norwich is a cracking club’ - Warnock explains why Boro couldn’t sign Gibson
- 6 'We complement each other quite nicely' - Gibson on growing partnership with Hanley
- 7 Stoke City 2-3 Norwich City: Buendia red card, Krul injury but Canaries stay top of the Championship
- 8 City defender Gibson hopes win over Stoke will silence the critics
- 9 Welcome to our new website
- 10 Connor Southwell: There's plenty to admire about Norwich City's response to relegation
Manager: Valerian Ismael (Barnsley)
- For more on City’s win at Boro and Hanley’s fine form, see the latest edition of the Pink Un Podcast above - and click here to subscribe