City eye move for Scowcroft
Former Ipswich striker James Scowcroft could be a surprise candidate to fill Norwich City's big striker vacancy. The 32-year-old has been told he can leave Crystal Palace, sparking interest from fellow Championship clubs.
Former Ipswich striker James Scowcroft could be a surprise candidate to fill Norwich City's big striker vacancy.
The 32-year-old has been told he can leave Crystal Palace, sparking interest from fellow Championship clubs.
Scowcroft is reported to be thinking over a move to last season's play-off finalists, Bristol City.
But with the August transfer window closing at midnight on Monday and City boss Glenn Roeder's search for a striker still unresolved, there could still be time to him to weigh in with a late bid.
You may also want to watch:
Scowcroft signed a new 12-month deal with Palace towards the end of last season - triggering an extension after playing 25 matches - but Eagles boss Neil Warnock has given him permission to speak to the Robins.
He is reported to be spending the weekend deciding if he wants to move to Ashton Gate.
- 1 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 2 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 6 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 7 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 8 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 9 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 10 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
Watford and League One club Huddersfield are also thought to be interested in Scowcroft's services.
Former England Under-21 international spent seven years with Ipswich, four years at Leicester and a season at Coventry before joining Palace in 2006.
But Warnock has instead had his sights on a £500,000 move for Ipswich's Alan Lee.