‘Is it possible to get promoted in October?’ - City fans excited by Placheta’s arrival
- Credit: Jason Dawson
Supporters have greeted the arrival of winger Przemyslaw Placheta with excitement, as Norwich City continue making early progress in their Championship rebuild.
The already relegated Canaries conclude their disappointing Premier League campaign at Manchester City on Sunday, looking to somehow find a way of preventing a club record losing streak of reaching 10 league games.
Yet sporting director Stuart Webber and head coach Daniel Farke are wasting no time in reshaping their squad for the 2020-21 campaign, with Danish midfielder Jacob Sorensen signed from Esbjerg on Monday and Polish winger Placheta joining from Slask Wroclaw today.
The speedy 22-year-old joins in a deal reportedly worth around £2.5million and has signed a four-year contract. His arrival follows the signing of Luxembourg forward Danel Sinani, as well as left-back Sam McCallum and French midfielder Melvin Sitti, who were signed in January but remained with Coventry and Sochaux respectively on loan.
Placheta has represented Poland at Under-21 level and scored eight goals in 35 games in the Polish top flight this season, with five of those goals scored since the season resumed in June.
You may also want to watch:
- Take a look at some of the best of the reaction
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 3 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 4 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 7 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 8 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 9 Connor Southwell: Why Emi Buendia must be crowned City's Player of the Season
- 10 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit