‘Is it possible to get promoted in October?’ - City fans excited by Placheta’s arrival
- Credit: Jason Dawson
Supporters have greeted the arrival of winger Przemyslaw Placheta with excitement, as Norwich City continue making early progress in their Championship rebuild.
The already relegated Canaries conclude their disappointing Premier League campaign at Manchester City on Sunday, looking to somehow find a way of preventing a club record losing streak of reaching 10 league games.
Yet sporting director Stuart Webber and head coach Daniel Farke are wasting no time in reshaping their squad for the 2020-21 campaign, with Danish midfielder Jacob Sorensen signed from Esbjerg on Monday and Polish winger Placheta joining from Slask Wroclaw today.
The speedy 22-year-old joins in a deal reportedly worth around £2.5million and has signed a four-year contract. His arrival follows the signing of Luxembourg forward Danel Sinani, as well as left-back Sam McCallum and French midfielder Melvin Sitti, who were signed in January but remained with Coventry and Sochaux respectively on loan.
Placheta has represented Poland at Under-21 level and scored eight goals in 35 games in the Polish top flight this season, with five of those goals scored since the season resumed in June.
You may also want to watch:
- Take a look at some of the best of the reaction
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 7 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis