‘The right decision’ - City fans prepare for enforced break from football
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City fans are pondering what life will be like after being left with an unexpected gap of at least three weeks in the football season, following postponements due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Tomorrow's home clash with Southampton and next weekend's FA Cup quarter-final against Manchester United have both been postponed, with the current intention of City's top-flight season resuming at Arsenal on Saturday, April 4.
A Canaries spokesman said: 'Following an emergency meeting, shareholders have unanimously decided to suspend the Premier League with the intention of returning on April 4.
'The emergency shareholder meeting had been called after Arsenal confirmed their head coach Mikel Arteta had tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19).
'As a result the club's upcoming Premier League game against Southampton and FA Cup tie against Manchester United will not take place as scheduled.
You may also want to watch:
'The health, safety and wellbeing of all staff, players and supporters continues to be the club's absolute priority. The club continue to be guided and advised by the Premier League, government and NHS with regards to next steps.
'Any further communication and updates will be issued by the club in due course.'
- 1 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 2 MATCHDAY LIVE: Can Norwich City complete the double over Cardiff?
- 3 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 4 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 5 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 6 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 7 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 8 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 9 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 10 Connor Southwell: Can McLean solve City’s number 10 conundrum?
- Take a look at some of the reaction above and below