'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- Credit: intime.gr/metrosport.gr
Dimitris Giannoulis arrives at Norwich City with plenty of pedigree and supporters are expressing their excitement at the signing on social media.
The 25-year-old Greek left-back completed his move to Carrow Road earlier this afternoon, with the Canaries hoping to secure a work permit that will allow him to train and play for the club shortly.
Giannoulis has made 11 appearances for the Greece national team, starting ahead of Liverpool full-back Kostas Tsimikas. He always has European experience, having played in the Champions League and Europa League for PAOK.
City have been searching for a left-back after Xavi Quintilla's injury saw midfielder Jacob Sorensen deployed in a defensive role. Giannoulis is expected to compete with the Spaniard for the first-team spot.
Giannoulis is an attacking full-back who enjoys registering assists and contributing at the top end of the pitch.
- Read the thoughts of Norwich City fans on social media above and below
- 1 Cantwell opens up on his Norwich City future
- 2 'He was brilliant' - City ace hails winger's impact during latest win
- 3 Norwich City and the Soccerbot360: The inside track on why Canaries want the £750,000 aid
- 4 Ex-City striker Jerome reveals late January bid from Cardiff
- 5 Wycombe have 'nothing to fear' against table toppers, says Ainsworth
- 6 The Canaries' trip to Forest subject to updated kick-off time
- 7 Farke sets promotion points target
- 8 An unhappy anniversary for this Norwich City fan
- 9 City want to bring 2,000 fans back for Championship run in
- 10 City number one on Nyland's arrival and Barden's bright future