'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- Credit: intime.gr/metrosport.gr
Dimitris Giannoulis arrives at Norwich City with plenty of pedigree and supporters are expressing their excitement at the signing on social media.
The 25-year-old Greek left-back completed his move to Carrow Road earlier this afternoon, with the Canaries hoping to secure a work permit that will allow him to train and play for the club shortly.
Giannoulis has made 11 appearances for the Greece national team, starting ahead of Liverpool full-back Kostas Tsimikas. He always has European experience, having played in the Champions League and Europa League for PAOK.
City have been searching for a left-back after Xavi Quintilla's injury saw midfielder Jacob Sorensen deployed in a defensive role. Giannoulis is expected to compete with the Spaniard for the first-team spot.
Giannoulis is an attacking full-back who enjoys registering assists and contributing at the top end of the pitch.
- Read the thoughts of Norwich City fans on social media above and below
- 1 Delight for Buendia after Argentina call-up
- 2 'I'd like to think Norwich have their eyes on somebody' - Ashton on striker hunt
- 3 WATCH: In-form City loanee Drmic scores a cracker
- 4 'He's not an ego' - Delia on the man she worships at Norwich City
- 5 Celtic move came too early for Pukki, insists former boss
- 6 Norwich City ace features in trailer for Euro 2020
- 7 City draw up target list
- 8 City Q&A - Paddy answered your questions
- 9 Why Delia and Michael believe Norwich City can 'change the face of football'
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Premier League forward in Canaries' sights