‘Cup run klaxon!’ - City fans delight over reaching the FA Cup fifth round for the first time since 2012
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have reached the last 16 of the FA Cup for the first time since 2012, and supporters have reacted with joy at today’s 2-1 victory over Burnley.
Grant Hanley scored his first goal in over a year to give City the lead. The Scottish international escaped the attentions of Kevin Long before heading Mario Vrancic's free-kick into the net.
He silenced the home crowd who were berating him throughout the afternoon due to his connection with arch-rivals Blackburn Rovers.
City doubled their lead two minutes later, with striker Josip Drmic tapping in after Lukas Rupp's effort was saved by former England number one Joe Hart.
The Swiss has struggled to find his rhythm since joining the club last summer, with injuries plaguing his first season with the club.
You may also want to watch:
Erik Pieters volley proved to be little more than a consolation as City booked their place in Monday's fifth round draw.
- Read the reaction of City's supporters above and below
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 5 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 10 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims