‘Cup run klaxon!’ - City fans delight over reaching the FA Cup fifth round for the first time since 2012
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have reached the last 16 of the FA Cup for the first time since 2012, and supporters have reacted with joy at today’s 2-1 victory over Burnley.
Grant Hanley scored his first goal in over a year to give City the lead. The Scottish international escaped the attentions of Kevin Long before heading Mario Vrancic's free-kick into the net.
He silenced the home crowd who were berating him throughout the afternoon due to his connection with arch-rivals Blackburn Rovers.
City doubled their lead two minutes later, with striker Josip Drmic tapping in after Lukas Rupp's effort was saved by former England number one Joe Hart.
The Swiss has struggled to find his rhythm since joining the club last summer, with injuries plaguing his first season with the club.
You may also want to watch:
Erik Pieters volley proved to be little more than a consolation as City booked their place in Monday's fifth round draw.
- Read the reaction of City's supporters above and below
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 4 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 5 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 6 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 7 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 8 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 9 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 10 City keeper issues injury update