‘All the pressure on United’ - City fans relishing home FA Cup quarter-final
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City supporters are relishing the prospect of their team trying to cause another FA Cup upset, after seeing Manchester United seal a Carrow Road quarter-final with victory over Derby.
United won 3-0 away to their Championship opponents this evening, to secure their place in the last eight, with a trip to Norfolk lined up for the weekend of March 20-23.
Exact details of the tie are yet to be confirmed but for Norwich the game represents an opportunity to avenge two of the worst performances of the Premier League season.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side won 3-1 at Carrow Road in October despite Tim Krul making two penalty saves and then eased to a 4-0 victory at Old Trafford in January.
City sit bottom of the top flight and United are fifth and still chasing Champions League qualification, but that didn't stop Daniel Farke's team from knocking out Tottenham, winning 3-2 on penalties thanks to two saves from Krul in the shoot-out, after a 1-1 draw.
United have won the FA Cup 12 times and have appeared in 19 finals in their history, beating Crystal Palace 2-1 after extra-time in their last final, in 2016.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich have only reached the semi-finals on three occasions, in 1959, 1989 and 1992.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 5 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 6 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 7 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis