City fans set new record
A new Football Aid record was set as 22 loyal Norwich City fans raised almost £8,000 for charity. The event, which took place at Carrow Road on April 28 featured Canaries legends Jeremy Goss, Bryan Gunn and Dale Gordon.
By Max McGarvey- Leggett
A new Football Aid record was set as 22 loyal Norwich City fans raised almost £8,000 for charity.
The event, which took place at Carrow Road on April 28 featured Canaries legends Jeremy Goss, Bryan Gunn and Dale Gordon.
Fans travelled from Crawley and Sheffield to play in the fully officiated, 90 minute match, and also paid to pull on the famous yellow and green shirt.
You may also want to watch:
Supporter Declan Brady was delighted with the performances and enthusiasm shown.
He said: “I had a fantastic time. Ten out of ten to the very eloquent and enthusiastic Jeremy Goss and the good natured Bryan Gunn, who had come straight from a training session”
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 4 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 5 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 6 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 7 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 8 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 9 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 10 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
“The whole event was extremely well organized by the Football Aid team and of course, the staff at Norwich City”.
In previous years, the event has raised funds for various projects nominated by Norwich City, including Hope and Homes for Children, St John's Ambulance and the James Paget Healthcare Trust.
All funds raised were distributed between diabetes research and management, and other highly deserving charitable projects nominated by Norwich City Football Club.
For more information regarding the event visit www.footballaid.com or contact email@example.com