‘Great news; in Farke we trust’ – Canaries fans thrilled about new deal for head coach
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City fans have been expressing their delight after a new long-term contract for head coach Daniel Farke and his coaching team was announced minutes before kick-off against Hull at Carrow Road tonight.
The much-anticipated contract cranked up the volume as the Canaries looked to keep their promotion push on track, bursting into a 2-0 lead inside 15 minutes.
Months of negotiations behind the scenes have resulted in the German coach extending terms until 2022, as his team prepare for their final stages of their impressive Championship campaign.
The former Borussia Dortmund II chief’s assistant, Eddie Riemer, and head of performance, Chris Domogalla – who came across from Germany with Farke in May 2017 – have also extended their deals until 2022, as has first-team coach and analyst Christopher John, who arrived in November.
Goalkeeper coach Ed Wootten is already on a full-time contract with the club, having been promoted from the academy ranks soon after Farke’s arrival.
You may also want to watch:
• Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above and below
- 1 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 2 Farke misses out on monthly award... Again
- 3 TEAM NEWS: Rupp injury setback ahead of CIty's trip to Derby
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Prolific Greek international in Canaries' sights
- 5 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 6 Stiepermann opens up about health problems
- 7 Hanley a big fan of new City star
- 8 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 9 Iwan Roberts: 'That 45 minutes from Norwich City was plain ridiculous'
- 10 Farke hopes 'outstanding' City midfielder can shake off injury issues