‘Great news; in Farke we trust’ – Canaries fans thrilled about new deal for head coach
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City fans have been expressing their delight after a new long-term contract for head coach Daniel Farke and his coaching team was announced minutes before kick-off against Hull at Carrow Road tonight.
The much-anticipated contract cranked up the volume as the Canaries looked to keep their promotion push on track, bursting into a 2-0 lead inside 15 minutes.
Months of negotiations behind the scenes have resulted in the German coach extending terms until 2022, as his team prepare for their final stages of their impressive Championship campaign.
The former Borussia Dortmund II chief’s assistant, Eddie Riemer, and head of performance, Chris Domogalla – who came across from Germany with Farke in May 2017 – have also extended their deals until 2022, as has first-team coach and analyst Christopher John, who arrived in November.
Goalkeeper coach Ed Wootten is already on a full-time contract with the club, having been promoted from the academy ranks soon after Farke’s arrival.
You may also want to watch:
• Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above and below
- 1 Farke reveals Tzolis' 'punishment' for penalty gaffe
- 2 PRESSER: Everton v City - Rashica a doubt; Normann and Sargent fit
- 3 Derby County struggles vindicate Norwich approach for Farke
- 4 Iwan Roberts: Don't blame formations for Norwich City's poor form
- 5 City star pencils in Anthony Joshua night out after Everton clash
- 6 So where's Norwich City's next point coming from?
- 7 Canaries keeper sent out on loan
- 8 'There's more to come' - Gilmour reflects on start to life at Norwich
- 9 Honesty is the best policy for City, according to ex-Canaries winger
- 10 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City