‘Great news; in Farke we trust’ – Canaries fans thrilled about new deal for head coach
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City fans have been expressing their delight after a new long-term contract for head coach Daniel Farke and his coaching team was announced minutes before kick-off against Hull at Carrow Road tonight.
The much-anticipated contract cranked up the volume as the Canaries looked to keep their promotion push on track, bursting into a 2-0 lead inside 15 minutes.
Months of negotiations behind the scenes have resulted in the German coach extending terms until 2022, as his team prepare for their final stages of their impressive Championship campaign.
The former Borussia Dortmund II chief’s assistant, Eddie Riemer, and head of performance, Chris Domogalla – who came across from Germany with Farke in May 2017 – have also extended their deals until 2022, as has first-team coach and analyst Christopher John, who arrived in November.
Goalkeeper coach Ed Wootten is already on a full-time contract with the club, having been promoted from the academy ranks soon after Farke’s arrival.
You may also want to watch:
• Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above and below
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 4 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 5 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 6 Hugill brace ensures superb City beat Bristol
- 7 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt
- 8 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 9 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 10 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City