‘Could be our first player sold for £50m’ – City fans thrilled with new deal for Buendia
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
News of a fresh five-year contract for star attacker Emi Buendia was met with all-round approval by delighted Norwich City supporters.
Buendia was one of the most important players during City's title triumph last season, with eight goals and 13 assists from 38 Championship games earning him third place in the Player of the Season voting among City supporters.
The 22-year-old has added two years to his previous contract, which was only signed last summer after the former Argentina Under-20 international was signed from Spanish side Getafe last year, for an initial £1.5million.
Buendia is set for fresh competition in the Premier League this season, with former Celtic winger Patrick Roberts brought in on a season-long loan from Manchester City.
He became the 10th player to sign a new contract this summer, following on from players including Teemu Pukki, Marco Stiepermann and Tim Krul.
You may also want to watch:
- Take a look at some of the best of the reaction to Buendia's deal above and below
- 1 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 2 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 4 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 6 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 7 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 8 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion
- 9 'Champagne on ice' - City set for Carrow Road celebration next week
- 10 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse