‘Could be our first player sold for £50m’ – City fans thrilled with new deal for Buendia
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
News of a fresh five-year contract for star attacker Emi Buendia was met with all-round approval by delighted Norwich City supporters.
Buendia was one of the most important players during City's title triumph last season, with eight goals and 13 assists from 38 Championship games earning him third place in the Player of the Season voting among City supporters.
The 22-year-old has added two years to his previous contract, which was only signed last summer after the former Argentina Under-20 international was signed from Spanish side Getafe last year, for an initial £1.5million.
Buendia is set for fresh competition in the Premier League this season, with former Celtic winger Patrick Roberts brought in on a season-long loan from Manchester City.
He became the 10th player to sign a new contract this summer, following on from players including Teemu Pukki, Marco Stiepermann and Tim Krul.
You may also want to watch:
- Take a look at some of the best of the reaction to Buendia's deal above and below
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 2 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 4 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 6 Rusty returns could prove crucial in the long run for fit-again City stars
- 7 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
- 8 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 10 Farke's words of advice for Soto