City fans track potential new signing’s flight from Seville
- Credit: @Guillaume.Chavanon on Instagram
Norwich City supporters have been enjoying some pre-deadline day fun this afternoon, tracking the supposed flight of Ibrahim Amadou amid reports the midfielder is set to join on loan.
Reports in Spain and France suggested the 26-year-old was poised to join the Premier League new boys on a season-long switch, with a view to a permanent deal.
If the reports are accurate then a deal worth around £1million for the loan and to pay the player's wages could be followed by another £9m to make the move permanent, if City survive in the top flight.
The Cameroon-born defensive midfielder featured regularly at Spanish top-tier side Sevilla last season but is said to be out of favour under new manager, former Spain and Real Madrid boss Julen Lopetegui.
Norwich fans have subsequently been searching the various flight tracking system available online and believe they have found the former Lille man's private flight - which at the time of writing was flying over Bury St Edmunds and heading for Norwich International Airport.
The transfer deadline for Premier League clubs to sign players is 5pm on Thursday, although sales and loan exits can still be sanctioned until September 2.
You may also want to watch:
If it is Amadou on the flight it of course is no guarantee of a deal being confirmed imminently, with a medical and final negotiations likely to still be needed before a deal can be agreed.
- Take a look at some of those tweets above and below
- 1 City draw up target list
- 2 Skipp ready for Premier League ... with Spurs, says Mason
- 3 Gunn and Walton on City watch list as Nyland future remains unclear
- 4 Celtic move came too early for Pukki, insists former boss
- 5 Robin Sainty: Where City lead, others will surely follow
- 6 Former Canaries attacker released by Bristol City
- 7 New City deal for Farke on the cards and Webber open to staying
- 8 The People's Pink Un: Your messages to Norwich City, Part 1
- 9 Pain and anguish but never a lack of belief for Canaries' chief
- 10 David Freezer: Desire to defy the odds is essential for City