City fans track potential new signing’s flight from Seville
- Credit: @Guillaume.Chavanon on Instagram
Norwich City supporters have been enjoying some pre-deadline day fun this afternoon, tracking the supposed flight of Ibrahim Amadou amid reports the midfielder is set to join on loan.
Reports in Spain and France suggested the 26-year-old was poised to join the Premier League new boys on a season-long switch, with a view to a permanent deal.
If the reports are accurate then a deal worth around £1million for the loan and to pay the player's wages could be followed by another £9m to make the move permanent, if City survive in the top flight.
The Cameroon-born defensive midfielder featured regularly at Spanish top-tier side Sevilla last season but is said to be out of favour under new manager, former Spain and Real Madrid boss Julen Lopetegui.
Norwich fans have subsequently been searching the various flight tracking system available online and believe they have found the former Lille man's private flight - which at the time of writing was flying over Bury St Edmunds and heading for Norwich International Airport.
The transfer deadline for Premier League clubs to sign players is 5pm on Thursday, although sales and loan exits can still be sanctioned until September 2.
You may also want to watch:
If it is Amadou on the flight it of course is no guarantee of a deal being confirmed imminently, with a medical and final negotiations likely to still be needed before a deal can be agreed.
- Take a look at some of those tweets above and below
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 4 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 5 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 6 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 7 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 8 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 9 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 10 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper