Norwich City transfer rumour: City join Bournemouth, Leeds and West Brom in the race to sign West Ham midfielder
- Credit: PA
Norwich City are reportedly one of the clubs looking to sign West Ham United midfielder Josh Cullen, who is currently on loan at Championship club Charlton Athletic.
The 23-year-old has featured consistently for the Addicks this season, playing 25 times for Lee Bowyer's men.
According to a Daily Mail report, West Ham are facing a fight to hold onto the Republic of Ireland international, with numerous clubs interested in the midfielder.
Cullen has caught the eye this term during his second stint at The Valley, standing out despite the Addicks struggles.
His contract was due to expire at the end of the season, but West Ham activated a clause in his contract to extend his stay for a further season.
You may also want to watch:
However, an agreement is yet to be reached for a longer-term deal, and his situation has alerted clubs interested in the Essex-born midfielder.
AFC Bournemouth, Leeds United and West Brom are all rumoured to be interested in securing his services - as current club Charlton continue to struggle with a civil war inside their boardroom.
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 Iwan Roberts: My Welsh wish for City keeper
- 10 How to claim a free Norwich City sticker book
Cullen has featured on six occasions for West Ham's first-team, but his senior appearances have mostly arrived through loans to Bradford City, Bolton Wanderers and Charlton.
He has also become a major part of ex-Ipswich Town boss Mick McCarthy's plans for the Ireland national team.
Cullen broke into the squad after his positive performances for Charlton and is set to be included in the squad for the upcoming Euro 2020 play-off against Slovakia.