City keeper to renew old acquaintances
The Canaries face their first trip to Rochdale for more than 30 years after being handed a Carling Cup second round tie away to the League Two club. The match will be played in the week starting Monday, August 27.
The Canaries face their first trip to Rochdale for more than 30 years after being handed a Carling Cup second round tie away to the League Two club.
The match will be played on Tuesday, August 28 (7.45pm).
City last visited Spotland in an FA Cup third round replay in 1976, John Bond's team drawing 0-0 before finally winning a second replay 2-1 at Carrow Road. Norwich also beat Rochdale 4-0 over two legs in the final the first time they won the League Cup in 1962.
At least one member of the City squad will be delighted with last night's draw.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Peter Grant said today: “I'm disappointed it's an away game but it's certainly a good one for Matthew Gilks, who will be looking forward to seeing all his old friends.
“After last year's game at Port Vale, we know what can happen if we're not at our best. We will approach it in a professional manner and we will have them watched.”
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 3 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 4 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 5 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 6 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 7 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 8 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 9 Connor Southwell: Why Emi Buendia must be crowned City's Player of the Season
- 10 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
Rochdale, managed by Keith Hill, knocked out Stoke in round one, winning 4-2 on penalties after a 2-2 draw at Spotland.