City kids undone by first-half strikes
John Landamore Norwich City U18s 0, Fulham U18s 2: Two first half goals from Fulham saw the Canaries go down to the south London side at Colney this afternoon.
Norwich City Under 18s 0, Fulham Under 18s 2
Two first half goals from Fulham saw the Canaries go down to the south London side at Colney this afternoon.
After travelling to Bristol City with the first team two weeks ago Korey Smith was back in the starting line-up which also included Kris Renton who was twice on target against Arsenal a fortnight ago.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich were the first to try their luck when Luke Daley saw his shot blocked after he collected a cross from full back Sam Habergham. Habergham was getting forward at every opportunity and he delivered another telling cross that Danny Kelly side footed wide of the target.
The Canaries certainly had their tails up with Renton having a shot blocked on the line while moments later the city striker couldn't believe his luck when he saw a shot hit the post before the ball bounced kindly into the arms of the Fulham keeper Wes Foderingham.
- 1 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 4 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 5 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 6 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 7 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 8 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion
- 9 'Champagne on ice' - City set for Carrow Road celebration next week
- 10 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
With 16 minutes on the clock the visitors took the lead with a goal that came out of nothing when DANNY HOESEN curled in a 25-yard effort from a position wide out on the left flank.
Smith was enjoying his role at right back and it was he who made the opening for Josh Dawkin to bring a good save from Foderingham.
With 32 minutes on the clock City found themselves two goals adrift when from the tightest of angles MICHAEL UWEZU lifted the ball into the far corner.
City went close to pulling a goal back in first half stoppage time when from a Smith cross Kelly glanced a header just wide of the target.
Early in the second half Alex Smith sent a header just over for the visitors as they looked for the third goal which would kill the game off.
City however continued to push forward and Foderingham again produced a good save to deny Renton although a defender had to clear a loose ball.
Renton then turned provider setting up substitute Kenny Reeves but his effort was blocked in the six yard box.
Fulham had to defend deep in the dying minutes with city going close in injury time through centre half Dario Dumic.
t Norwich City: Rudd, Smith, Habergham, Adeyemi, Dumic, Stephens, Daley (Reeves 72), Lathrope, Renton, Kelly, Dawkin (Omoregie 45). Subs not used: Griveson, Davey, Francomb.
t Fulham: Foderingham, Laribi, Thomas, Jones, Pierre, Brown, Harris, Hoesen, Bichard, Uwezu (Wilson 84), Smith. Subs not used: Dunne, Marsh-Brown, Jackson, Pemberton.
t Norwich City man of the match: Sam Habergham