Wessi Down Under: City legend makes first A-League start
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City legend Wes Hoolahan helps fill the football shaped hole in the lives of Canaries fans this morning, as he makes his first A-League start on the other side of the globe.
The 37-year-old joined Newcastle Jets last summer after a season with West Brom, spending pre-season with League Two side Cambridge United before heading Down Under.
Hoolahan, who scored 54 goals in 352 games between 2008 and 2018 for the Canaries, made two appearances in the FFA Cup before suffering an an ankle injury which needed surgery.
He has returned to action recently, during a 1-1 home draw with Melbourne Victory and a 2-1 home win over Perth Glory.
Today they are away to seventh-placed Adelaide United, with Hoolahan in the startiong line-up for the first time under manager Carl Robinson, a fellow former Norwich midfielder.
You may also want to watch:
- You can follow updates from the Jets game above
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 3 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 4 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 8 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 9 Connor Southwell: Why Emi Buendia must be crowned City's Player of the Season
- 10 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit