Wessi Down Under: City legend makes first A-League start
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City legend Wes Hoolahan helps fill the football shaped hole in the lives of Canaries fans this morning, as he makes his first A-League start on the other side of the globe.
The 37-year-old joined Newcastle Jets last summer after a season with West Brom, spending pre-season with League Two side Cambridge United before heading Down Under.
Hoolahan, who scored 54 goals in 352 games between 2008 and 2018 for the Canaries, made two appearances in the FFA Cup before suffering an an ankle injury which needed surgery.
He has returned to action recently, during a 1-1 home draw with Melbourne Victory and a 2-1 home win over Perth Glory.
Today they are away to seventh-placed Adelaide United, with Hoolahan in the startiong line-up for the first time under manager Carl Robinson, a fellow former Norwich midfielder.
You may also want to watch:
- You can follow updates from the Jets game above
- 1 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 2 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 3 MATCHDAY LIVE: Can Norwich City complete the double over Cardiff?
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 5 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 6 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 7 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 8 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 9 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 10 'Three Lungs' back in business