Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries close in on Placheta deal says Slask Wroclaw vice president
- Credit: Archant
Polish winger Przemyslaw Placheta is closing in on a move to Norwich City, with Slask Wroclaw vice president Wojciech Bochnak confirming the two clubs are close to an agreement for the 22-year-old.
Reports in Poland state that the clubs are close to finalising a €2 million euro deal for the wide man, a deal which would see Placheta become their most expensive sale ever.
“I confirm that we are negotiating with Norwich regarding the transfer of Przemyslaw P?acheta. It is very likely that we will reach an agreement this week,” the club’s vice president confirmed to Gazeta Wyborcza.
Established Polish website Weszlo.com first reported the rumour on Monday evening and claimed that Spanish outfit Real Valladolid and Greek giants Olympiacos were also monitoring the pacey wide-man, but City seem to have jumped to the front of the queue in the pursuit of the Polish Under-21 international.
Placheta rejected a move to Legia Warsaw last summer - and has netted eight goals in 34 matches this season, registering four assists.
You may also want to watch:
City have been linked with Steaua Bucharest winger Dennis Man and the Canaries sporting director Stuart Webber confirmed that he had travelled to Romania to hold talks over a potential move for the winger - but the clubs remain apart in their valuation of the highly-rated 21-year-old.
Staua owner Gigi Becali has once again reiterated his desire to recieve €15 million for the winger - with City’s bid rumoured to be around €5 million.
- 1 Former Norwich City chief set for Hibs
- 2 Canaries' ace Billy Gilmour belts out karaoke classic in city
- 3 Canaries Q&A: City prepare for Coventry and Sheffield United
- 4 Connor Southwell: Norwich City's stability starts with Delia
- 5 Norwich City loan watch: Ahadme on target again for Pompey
- 6 Norwich City transfer rumours: Reported target set to snub Canaries
- 7 City will have away fans at Sheffield United
- 8 'A great guy' - Tributes to much-loved City fan who travelled home and away
- 9 Norwich City Under-23s to play some matches at The Walks
- 10 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
Placheta previously played for RB Leipzig as a youngster, as well as a brief spell with German third division side Sonnenhof Großaspach, before returning to his native country in 2018.
The winger has impressed in the Polish top-flight since joining Slask in 2019 and is regarded as one of the hottest prospects in Polish football.
City have forged a reputation for recruiting players in a variety of countries, with the hope of unearthing potential gems.
Placheta netted in Slask’s 2-2 draw with Pogon Szczecin on Sunday - with the Polish top-flight having resumed their campaign in May after it was suspended due to the coronavirus break.