Norwich City loan round-up: Bushiri sent off, City loanees help MK Dons climb table and victory for new signing
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Several Norwich City loan exports were in action this weekend, including on-loan defender Rocky Bushiri, who received a red card against former club KV Oostende in the Belgian top-flight.
Bushiri cut short a loan spell with League One side Blackpool in order to return to his homeland and has started all three games since his arrival.
The 20-year-old was involved in an off the ball incident which led to his initial booking.
He then got beaten by Oostende striker Fashion Sakala before he hit the opener for the hosts.
Bushiri's second yellow came after he elbowed a defender when competing for a header in the latter stages of the game.
You may also want to watch:
In League One, MK Dons resurgence under City legend Russell Martin continued with a 2-0 victory over high-flying Wycombe Wanderers.
Martin has guided the Dons out of the relegation zone. City duo Carlton Morris and Louis Thompson both started the game but were replaced late on.
- 1 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 2 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 3 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 4 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 5 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 6 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 8 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 9 Canaries legend thinks promotion party was fully deserved
- 10 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
Thompson looked short of match fitness and was responsible for numerous turnovers but Morris provided a focal point for their offensive passages of play.
Elsewhere, Sam McCallum made his first start for Coventry City after signing for the Canaries on Friday.
He played the entirety of the Sky Blues victory over Bristol Rovers and supplied Mark Robins' men with a productive outlet down the left side.
Sean Raggett is emerging as a major protagonist for Portsmouth despite a stuttering start to his spell at Fratton Park.
He formed part of the back four which helped Pompey record their third consecutive clean sheet on Saturday as they beat Sunderland 2-0.
In Scotland, Akin Famewo played 90 minutes during St Mirren's 2-2 draw with Hibernian on Saturday.
Jim Goodwin's men took a 2-0 advantage in the opening 20 minutes but failed to hold onto the lead. They remain 10th in the table, three points above Hamilton in 12th.
In Germany, Philip Heise played at left-back as FC Nuernberg recorded a much-needed 2-0 victory against SV Sandhusen in 2.Bundesliga.