Norwich City loan round-up: Bushiri sent off, City loanees help MK Dons climb table and victory for new signing
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Several Norwich City loan exports were in action this weekend, including on-loan defender Rocky Bushiri, who received a red card against former club KV Oostende in the Belgian top-flight.
Bushiri cut short a loan spell with League One side Blackpool in order to return to his homeland and has started all three games since his arrival.
The 20-year-old was involved in an off the ball incident which led to his initial booking.
He then got beaten by Oostende striker Fashion Sakala before he hit the opener for the hosts.
Bushiri's second yellow came after he elbowed a defender when competing for a header in the latter stages of the game.
You may also want to watch:
In League One, MK Dons resurgence under City legend Russell Martin continued with a 2-0 victory over high-flying Wycombe Wanderers.
Martin has guided the Dons out of the relegation zone. City duo Carlton Morris and Louis Thompson both started the game but were replaced late on.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 4 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 5 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 6 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 7 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 8 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 9 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 10 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
Thompson looked short of match fitness and was responsible for numerous turnovers but Morris provided a focal point for their offensive passages of play.
Elsewhere, Sam McCallum made his first start for Coventry City after signing for the Canaries on Friday.
He played the entirety of the Sky Blues victory over Bristol Rovers and supplied Mark Robins' men with a productive outlet down the left side.
Sean Raggett is emerging as a major protagonist for Portsmouth despite a stuttering start to his spell at Fratton Park.
He formed part of the back four which helped Pompey record their third consecutive clean sheet on Saturday as they beat Sunderland 2-0.
In Scotland, Akin Famewo played 90 minutes during St Mirren's 2-2 draw with Hibernian on Saturday.
Jim Goodwin's men took a 2-0 advantage in the opening 20 minutes but failed to hold onto the lead. They remain 10th in the table, three points above Hamilton in 12th.
In Germany, Philip Heise played at left-back as FC Nuernberg recorded a much-needed 2-0 victory against SV Sandhusen in 2.Bundesliga.