Norwich City loan watch: Sinani on target and Morris scores for MK Dons in midweek fixtures
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Danel Sinani recorded his second league goal of the season for Waasland-Beveren as his strike helped them beat KV Oostende 2-0 in the Jupiler League.
Sinani has featured regularly for the Belgian top-flight side since arriving on loan from Norwich City earlier this season and seems to be hitting his stride for the Wolves.
The Luxembourg international swept home after leading a fine counter-attack in the 61st minute to secure Waasland-Beveren's first home win of the campaign. The Belgian side haven't recorded a win at the Freethiel Stadium from 11 months.
Sinani is playing regularly for Arnauld Mercier's men, predominantly as a number ten although he has been deployed as a striker and a right-winger.
The same can't be said for Melvin Sitti, however. The French midfielder is yet to make a matchday squad for the Belgian side.
Carlton Morris kickstarted the fightback for Russell Martin's MK Dons on Tuesday, netting in the second half to reduce the deficit to 2-1 against Shrewsbury Town. The game ended 2-2 at Stadium MK, with City legend Martin praising his influence after a frustrating few weeks which has seen him confined to the bench.
"It means so much to Carlton to be here," Martin told the MK Citizen. "He's desperate for it to work and he's a victim of trying too hard and feeling the burden of things, results. I've told him to relax because we know what he can do.
- 1 City keeper issues injury update
- 2 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 3 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 4 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 5 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 6 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 7 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 8 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move
- 9 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 10 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
"I've never questioned his attitude towards what we're trying to do and to the club, considering he's not our player at this moment in time as well."
Former City striker Cameron Jerome netted the equaliser, with Andrew Surman also starting.
Timm Klose played the entirety of FC Basel's 2-1 victory over FC Lausanne on Wednesday. The Swiss international went close with a header in the first-half and is playing with a cast on his left hand after breaking his hand on his debut.
In the Championship, Sam McCallum continues to impress under Mark Robins for Coventry City. The 20-year-old is operating as a right-wing back due to an injury to Fankaty Dabo and played 90 minutes in their 1-0 win over Cardiff City. Tom Trybull played the first 60 minutes of Blackburn Rovers’ 3-0 win away to Preston North End on Tuesday.